Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2005, 03:55 AM

Default running bad/feeling good/trying to be careful/inner thoughts

september was my worst month since april of 2002 and i had been actually running pretty good for about 3 months so i was actually expecting variance to catch up to me.

then october hit and the drought has continued. this isn't really what the post is about though b/c i have been through this a million times and i understand how poker works.

here's where the post starts. i have been posting hands in PL&NL Mid/Hi for a while now and figuring some things out and reading everything i can, and what i have learned is that i am actually playing ok. tonight i had a terrible session, but i left pleased. i played pretty good, i made some decent plays and saved myself a butt load of money and called it a night.

i am wanting to know what is the longest anyone has ever ran bad? i am not talking about tilting away their bankroll, that isn't what this is about. i am very careful and i protect my BR. if the poker Gods or my leaks continue to dwindle my BR i will of course adjust my game choice accordingly.

another question i have is this: does anyone think that their inner emotion that they carry to the table has to do with the way things "turn out?" i am not talking about emotions that make you play different but more about positive thinking as supposed to negative thinking. does negative thinking breed negative results and vice versa? does anyone believe in this?

the people that do believe in positive mindsets and positive results i would be interested in why you think this works. plus, after months of consistant bad running how do you get yourself in the right frame of mind? i understand that players tilt all the time when they don't realize they are tilting this is apart of the dangers of tilt, and it affects the +EV of big hands b/c you push people off b/c you get scared of people drawing out on you etc etc etc, i undertand these concepts. i am mainly talking about being in a positive frame of mind so that it will breed positive results, if negative results still happen thats fine, b/c i will always deal with that.

sorry about my rambling, its late and just finished a session and had some thoughts.

thanks.