View Poll Results: which color ?
red red (lipstick rendezvous) 45 48.39%
dark red (dapple apple) 48 51.61%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Best movie sequel

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But it's not a sequel any more than For A Few Dollars More is. The characters are different. This seems somewhat akin to calling "Snatch" a sequel to "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels."

[/ QUOTE ]

It was billed as a sequel at the time. It's sold as a trilogy of all three now. If you check the various Serigo Leone fan sites they all call it "The Fist Full of Dollars" trilogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought of them as "the man with no name" trilogy.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Harry Potter

edit: did you do your homework before doing this poll?

[/ QUOTE ]

It might have been a concern but then you mentioned Harry Potter.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like the harry potter movies. ive seen the first two and was drug there by women. i wont go to any more of them but i can admit theyre great films.

some people judge movies on their own personal tastes and fail to see the whole picture.

bwana
Old 12-13-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've already commented on this earlier in the thread. I believe the Clinet Eastwood character is the same character in all three films, as he wears the distinctive poncho in all three films.

[/ QUOTE ]

On IMDB, Clints character is called Joe in A FistFul of Dollars and The Good, the Bad, the Ugly. However, in For a Few Dollars more he's called Monco. How reliable this information is is unknown. It's hard not to think of him as the same character throughout the three films though.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've already commented on this earlier in the thread. I believe the Clinet Eastwood character is the same character in all three films, as he wears the distinctive poncho in all three films.

[/ QUOTE ]

On IMDB, Clints character is called Joe in A FistFul of Dollars and The Good, the Bad, the Ugly. However, in For a Few Dollars more he's called Monco. How reliable this information is is unknown. It's hard not to think of him as the same character throughout the three films though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. I've heard him referred to as "The Man With No Name" and the shorter "Blondie" but never as Joe or Monco.

I think it's apparent he isn't the same character, otherwise he would wonder why the Lee Van Cleef character in TGTB&TU looks the same as his partner from For A Few Dollars More. Also, he makes a ton of cash at the end of Few Dollars More from the bounties on Indio and his gang...what happened to that cash at the beginning of TGTB&TU? He's broke again, scamming a few grand at a time with Tuco.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. I've heard him referred to as "The Man With No Name" and the shorter "Blondie" but never as Joe or Monco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember the old bar guy calling him Joe in For A Fistful of Dollars, and also someone checking a hotel sign-in book and calling him 'Manco' in For A Few Dollars More.

But I don't care, I still say he's the same guy in all three - PONCHO! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Technically Temple of Doom and Last Crusade aren't sequals, are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Noun
sequel
1. A narrative that is written after another narrative set in the same universe, especially a narrative that is chronologically set after its predecessors.

They are sequels.

[/ QUOTE ]
In the Merriam-Webster dictionary it has the following entry for sequel:

1 : CONSEQUENCE, RESULT
2 a : subsequent development b : the next installment (as of a speech or story); especially : a literary or cinematic work continuing the course of a story begun in a preceding one

I'm pretty certain that Temple of Doom and Last Crusade don't qualify as sequels by that definition since the three stories are completely seperate from one another.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:17 PM

Technically, Raiders of the Lost Ark is a sequel to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, since TOD took place first chronologically.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:21 PM

The proper word for Temple of Doom is "prequel." Same with Exorcist: The Beginning, or Star Wars I. Like a sequel, but set previously in time to the first.

I think not including them in this particular poll is being kind of nit-picky.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:24 PM

"Bring It On Again"
Old 12-13-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Any suggestions are welcomed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i trust the internet before i open it up to OOT to nominate selections for the poll. i googled greatest movie sequel and found this page for example. build your list and go w/ that.