Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2004, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Current Bankroll / Game

$31.43
NL $5
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2004, 04:25 AM

Bankroll: ~$2500

Limit: 2/4 ring @ PP
Old 09-10-2004, 01:05 PM

Bankroll: $11,000
Current Game: Party 2/4

LOL. I need to move up. That's 2,750BB. The thing is I'm making more than $40/hr 6 tabling the 2/4 game. Not an insignificant amount of cash. Those games are so mindlessly profitable.

I've played the 15/30 some -- and won -- but it's stressful. I'm not psychologically used to the swings, despite having the roll for it. I need to reexamine the reasons I play poker -- for money or for fun? If it's for money, I should play higher.

Anyone else play in a much smaller game than they are bankrolled for? Why haven't you moved up? Any advice for me? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2004, 09:54 PM

Why wouldn't you work up gradually to higher limits, if it is affecting you psychologically? Jumping from 2/4 to 15/30 is quite an adjustment. Try 5/10 or something instead. That should double your hourly rate without giving you a heart attack.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:13 AM

Default I\'m in your boat

[ QUOTE ]
Bankroll: $11,000
Current Game: Party 2/4

I need to reexamine the reasons I play poker -- for money or for fun? If it's for money, I should play higher.

Anyone else play in a much smaller game than they are bankrolled for? Why haven't you moved up? Any advice for me? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in your situation but no insightful advice to give. My bankroll is $47,122 as of today but I only play 3/6 and 4/8, mostly B&M although I am increasing my very sporadic internet play. I stick at these levels for now because I am happy to relax and play confidently at this level. That is, I play to win (cash out for more than I started with) and its so easy to win at these low levels because the B&M players are truly horrible. I'm considering moving to 5/10 because the wait list is much shorter. I assume my skills are not to the level to play much higher successfully but I've never tried.

I've just started posting here rather than passively lurking so hopefully I'll improve. Poker is a hobby for me like golf is for all my buddies. The minute a poker game stops being fun is the minute I quit. There's a word for doing something you don't enjoy...it's called work. I'm in the unusual position of having a bankroll that is greater than my presumed skill. Apparently most posters here have skills that exceed their bankroll. My goal in the future is to raise my skill levels to that of my bankroll.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:34 AM

Bankroll: $1,476
Game: $1/2 6-max

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else play in a much smaller game than they are bankrolled for? Why haven't you moved up? Any advice for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Play better than me! Oh wait, it looks like you already are.

I've played 2/4 and 3/6 and was ahead in both but had some recent ugly downturns -- well not super ugly but I guess I'm just thin-skinned. 100 BB bugs me sometimes. I need to play confidently or my game degrades. Not tilt, just degrades. I need to cool down a bit at a lower level for now, so I'm fooling around with $1/2 6-max and actually finding it's the first time I've really enjoyed poker instead of grinding at it in a real long time.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:47 PM

bankroll: 5k
game: PLO 1/2 mostly but also 3/6 to 5/10 limit full ring. some Nl .5/1, 1/2 and 2/4. wherever the games are good.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:29 AM

Bankroll: ~$7k

Game: 4 x 3/6
Old 09-12-2004, 04:53 AM

total now about 4K, active 1K (just had a very nice rush)
I play where the bonuses take me
2x crypto 100NL 6handed
3x prima 50NL 6handed
3x party 25/50NL 6handed

(i'd love to play at a site which uses the zerorake software but the sites are all clones and their rake/bonuses are abominable)
http://www.lvfh.com/

fim
Old 09-12-2004, 12:01 PM

$95, $.10/.20 HE on Pacific, with the occasional stud and $2.75 limit SNG thrown in.. don't laugh!