Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Resteal

$100NL 6max
First hand at the table, but I've been on the waiting list and had the table open for 30 or so hands. Table average is 40/15. Villain is SB and 55/33 after his 30 hands. 2 or 3 loose but semi aggressive players limp.

Villain ($55 Stack) makes it $7, I think and pump it up to $21 with AQs.

I thought about cold calling but thought there was too much of a chance someone else would call

My reasoning: There's $10 dead money and his raising range is very wide here: limped to SB is one of the most cmomon spots for a PF steal. Most hands he's raising with I'm either coinflipping or dominating. The 3 hands I'm afraid of are AK, AA or KK and his range is much wider than that.

Against a small PP I have plenty of fold equity. If he pushes, my PF raise prices me in nicely to take the probable coinflip.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Resteal

I like it, but I find I get stop n go'd in this spot alot.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:55 AM

my only question. have you noticed this guy making plays from the SB? Even crazies sometimes tighten up considerably from the blinds. I think if you face a push at best you are a coinflip and at worst you are a huge dog. My .02.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my only question. have you noticed this guy making plays from the SB? Even crazies sometimes tighten up considerably from the blinds. I think if you face a push at best you are a coinflip and at worst you are a huge dog. My .02.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never pull this against an unknown. It is usually against someone who I feel has been raising light. Against a TAG or unknown my default is to call.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I never pull this against an unknown. It is usually against someone who I feel has been raising light. Against a TAG or unknown my default is to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm right there with you.....I just don't think I make this play against someone raising from the blinds with only 30 hands to go by.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it, but I find I get stop n go'd in this spot alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would suck
Old 12-12-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've paid limited attention. Just have noticed he's been raising alot. In my experience limp to a LAG blinds means he can't resist a steal. He pushed and we flipped (he ahd 77). Given his cards (and that's about what I put him on) I think I like my play since the raise likely has some fold equity, or it should.

I didn't mind calling expecting to Flip, its a call of about $35 in an $80 pot for me, if he ever folds this hand the play should be profitable.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm right there with you.....I just don't think I make this play against someone raising from the blinds with only 30 hands to go by.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, I thought this was raise or fold? I don't like calling for more than 10% of his stack hoping to hit one pair or push a draw. Plus if I call I might get overcalled and then be at a loss of a good move unless I hit a flop nice.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:49 PM

it's not so bad calling. You've got a strong hand and position on the raiser. If you get overcalled that's probably ok...you are most likely ahead of him unless he limp reraises. I'm just saying that i'm more cautious than normal of a person in the blinds raising...it generally means a strong hand. This guy had 77 so he's been watching too much WPT. In my experience the SB raising is typically a strong hand....i usually just complete with AK from the SB, or I make a large raise that some people might think is a steal but if he has AK here you are smoked and now the pot is huge....that's my point i guess.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not so bad calling. You've got a strong hand and position on the raiser. If you get overcalled that's probably ok...you are most likely ahead of him unless he limp reraises.

[/ QUOTE ]
But when I whiff the flop I am screwed; a check is giving up the hand, I have to fold to villains c-bet, if checked to I risk getting called if I cbet myself. The times I check/fold this flop when I call are too great I think to call this.

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience the SB raising is typically a strong hand....i usually just complete with AK from the SB, or I make a large raise that some people might think is a steal but if he has AK here you are smoked and now the pot is huge....that's my point i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're saying, but are your numbers 55/33? To me that clearly says caution in PFRing to this guy is moot.