Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been in better shape than you are now?
Yes 166 88.30%
No 22 11.70%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: A Poll for Lmn55d\'s TT hand.

[ QUOTE ]
1) someone explains to me why my pokerstove does not do justice to the situation at hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's not particularly aggressive. If we change his PP range to 77-99 and remove the 2's from his range since he'd be more likely to slowplay them, then we're a 73:27 dog.

Rob
Old 10-19-2005, 04:04 PM

His AF was only 1.5. The sample size was over 150 hands. The point is, it's far from an easy calldown, and it's a situation that you'll face a ton at 10/20 without much of an easy answer.

Rob
Old 10-19-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The main concern I have with the posting of this as a poll is the majority of HUSH posters are not capable of being winning 10/20 players. Getting them to answer this question with a quick answer, off the top of their head, isn't going to be particularly helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]Am I one of these? :P
Old 10-19-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about raise for a free turn and more information? If he caps you can fold the turn safely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, missed that.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The main concern I have with the posting of this as a poll is the majority of HUSH posters are not capable of being winning 10/20 players. Getting them to answer this question with a quick answer, off the top of their head, isn't going to be particularly helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen of your posts and play, you've got the ability to be a winning 10/20 player, but if you played your current game (you seem pretty aggressive and prone to thinking people are FOS) there you'd probably get stomped unless you adjusted. But that's just a guess. You might already be a winning 10 player and I wouldn't know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 10-19-2005, 04:15 PM

I wish the poll wasn't so cut and dry. I voted fold, but we need more options. Probably the reason PokerStove isn't particularly useful is because we don't always call down unconditionally.

I'm more in favor of Tstone's advice from the other thread; call the small bet on the flop, then possibly fold the turn UI, or take it from there.

One of the other things to consider... if the guy has a 1.5 aggression, the more streets that go by unchecked, the more likely it is that his hand beats us. Also, are we willing to call down unconditionally? What if we include Axs in his range and an ace hits the turn? I'm not sure if stove can do the trick here.

Just some things to think about.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
prone to thinking people are FOS

[/ QUOTE ]

not picking on drontier at all but I wanted to just quote this part. this seems like a pretty common trend lately, but maybe I have selection bias cause I've always been on the tighter side of things.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:18 PM

we are already leaving out Axs, but if you include these it boosts our equity not lowers it. also, it is true the more streets he bets the less chance we have of being good, but when hes betting the later streets, our odds to call down significantly improve as well. this is why i like the call flop call turn donk/fold river line.(i would donk/call if i thought he was fos right? :P)
Old 10-19-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen of your posts and play, you've got the ability to be a winning 10/20 player, but if you played your current game (you seem pretty aggressive and prone to thinking people are FOS) there you'd probably get stomped unless you adjusted. But that's just a guess. You might already be a winning 10 player and I wouldn't know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

im prone to thinking ppl are FOS and they usually are [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 PM

btw i made this poll worded in exactly the same way that lmn55d did. This is the scenario I responded to, and you bashed me for this. I don't see why more options are necessary as this was his question.