Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 AM

Default 88 - Should i of found the fold button?

MP2 is just an odd player, cold called loads, bets with nothing, plays loads of hands.

Thats the read i had on him when this hand popped up, had no PT stats... So i've supplied you with the same info i had.

DID I PLAY BADLY?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (17.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 25.70 BB
Old 09-14-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Re: 88 - Should i of found the fold button?

This looks like collusion more then anything. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

First off, raise preflop after MP2 limps and try to isolate (yeah maybe tough to do at this limit but it is the concept that matters). Raise the flop too as you probably have him beat and you want hands like KJ to fold.

Brad
Old 09-14-2005, 05:09 AM

lol, I thought that.... Specially the CO Raise/Fold (But some 2+2'ers do that so maybe not).

Was tough hand, i think i'm ahead and the large pot are my reasons to continue. So you'd play it the same(Assuming you didn't isolate) but try isolate preflop next time(Then it will play out differently).

TIA
Old 09-14-2005, 05:20 AM

You're getting the odds to call the turn assuming your not drawing dead, which is a possibility considering the flop action. I'm dumping the river at the latest though. I'm not smart enough to get a read on a guy who caps the flop, raises the turn and river, then folds, weird TT maybe? I'm worried about the six on the turn cause the flop played like two pair. I might just fold the turn with the flop capper still to act.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:28 AM

I think I'de fold to the 3-bet on the turn.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:32 AM

Few questions,

What do you put these guys on?
If CO has TT, Did he play it well? Weak folding to a raise on river when a OC falls no?

Throughout this hand i was fighting myself, one point was "Huge pot, Might be ahead dont fold" other was "What have these guys got? Straights? FH? Trips? Your going to lose".

Just couldn't find it in myself to fold.

Results will come after more discussion
Old 09-14-2005, 06:01 AM

Fold to the 3-bet on the river and save 2BB. While MP3 might be an odd player you have to wonder what CO is raising with. Even if you have MP3 beat you're surely behind to CO.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:07 AM

Shillx has a good point by saying to raise the flop, will also be way more clear what those guys might have. At the turn I don't really care what they have, theres just too many hands out there beating you and with the possible flush draw I'm not sure if you can count your straight outs as full outs.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:09 AM

Yeh CO worried me more so than MP, but the HUGE POT...

I was trying to see river cheaply, but couldn't find the fold button wehn it got more expensive.

Ahhhh this hand tore me up.

Results below<font color="white">
CO folded, maybe he has TT...

Mp has JT for rivered Jack pair, wins.[adds to buddy list] </font>
Old 09-14-2005, 06:41 AM

Raise preflop. Raise the flop.

I think I'm folding on the turn here, if only because I'm trapped between these players. Plus I could be drawing dead and even if I'm not, lots of my outs are dirty dirty dirty. Blech.