Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: [3/6] Is there such a thing as a \"donk-check\"?

[ QUOTE ]
If we were in the button and there were 2 limpers before us, would we still raise? Or is this now a call as we already have absolute position and would like to entice SB / BB to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still typically raise in this situation unless the limpers are the toughest players at the table. Preflop initiative counts for a lot in shorthanded situations.

I don't need to entice the blinds to play because often their forced money does that for me. BBs who overdefend are pretty common.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Results

Thank you, I like the way you played this. He c/r both streets, he may have also improved his hand to a spade flush draw on the turn. Seems like a tricky opponent.

If he c/r you on the river after betting its a fold due to the flush?

I would hate that, I would probably be weak and just check. I am not sure what the best play is.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:19 PM

I was not afraid of a flush. I didn't know what to think after the turn c/r, but if someone 3bets the flop with a backdoor flush draw I'm paying it off.

As of the turn check, I put him on some PP below jacks. The turn c/r confused me so much I just took the showdown.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about the preflop play of this hand.

Is the raise correct? I would also like to know why this raise is correct? I know this hand plays well multiway / with position but here we don't have enough players to have a large equity edge? Don't we want to entice more players to come into this pot or is this a standard play?

True

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree
Old 12-11-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about the preflop play of this hand.

Is the raise correct? I would also like to know why this raise is correct? I know this hand plays well multiway / with position but here we don't have enough players to have a large equity edge? Don't we want to entice more players to come into this pot or is this a standard play?

True

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree

(notice how useful that was? As in not at all?)