Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 07:50 PM

Default looking for some POSITIVE SUPPORT

In the past 4 hours of playing PP 2/4, I have lost every hand that I have showndown. To be more specific I hit my hand either on the Flop, or the turn only to lose those 10 showdowns to a better hand than me. 2 pair vs flush/ flush Q high, vs A high (runners)/flush vs full house/ flopped trips vs flush/ etc. on and on. All of my show down losses on the river.
How do you all come to grips with that? I am not a pro, and I make mistakes. I have leaks like the rest of them, but these hands are giving me an ulcer.Any suggestions, words of wisdom (supportive is preferable). Thank you [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: looking for some POSITIVE SUPPORT

Stick it out and play good poker.

With the niceties out of the way, you'll get more positive support around here if you limit your posts to (1) hands that you take the time to provide reads on; (2) hands that you take the time to convert, even if that means manually typing pot size, action, player positions, suits, etc.; (3) hands that present an interesting or difficult decision, or ones about which you were quite confused; and (4) you resist the urge to post about bad beats / running bad / suck-outs that aren't bad beats, etc.

Good luck!
Old 09-29-2005, 07:59 PM

Thanks, anyone have instructions on converter? It's new to me
Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the past 4 hours of playing PP 2/4, I have lost every hand that I have showndown. To be more specific I hit my hand either on the Flop, or the turn only to lose those 10 showdowns to a better hand than me. 2 pair vs flush/ flush Q high, vs A high (runners)/flush vs full house/ flopped trips vs flush/ etc. on and on. All of my show down losses on the river.
How do you all come to grips with that? I am not a pro, and I make mistakes. I have leaks like the rest of them, but these hands are giving me an ulcer.Any suggestions, words of wisdom (supportive is preferable). Thank you [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually post a whiny topic on 2+2
Old 09-29-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, anyone have instructions on converter? It's new to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to this page and paste your hand history into the "input" window. Make sure not to check the box marked "show results." Make sure the "Format" drop down box is "2+2 Forums." At the top of your hand history is the hand number (looks like ******* Hand History . . ."). The next line includes the stakes and game and looks like "$xx/$xx Texas Hold'em . . ." Delete "Texas" from that line. Click "Convert Hand" button in lower left. Copy the text that appears in the "Output" window. Start a post with your introduction to the hand - reads, what had happened earlier at the table, etc. Paste the text you copied from the converter into the text box you're using to write you post. Delete any action in the hand after your decision point (i.e., if your question si whether to raise, call, or fold to a turn bet, show the action up to the point where you have to act and delete everything else). Conclude you post with any thoughts you have about the decision or any specific issues you wondered about. Be sure to have the "I want to preview my post" box checked in the 2+2 new post window; review your post to ensure clarity, legibility, and completeness.

Above all, do everything you can to make your post easy to read and understand, and make sure you think the post will be an interesting discussion point for others reading it.

Good luck!

Edit: Read and internalize this stickied thread at the top of the forum for the whats, hows, and whys of making a post that invites others in the forum to offer up advice.