Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 11:46 PM

Default Calling Second Nut Low Spades...5/10 Party

Table is particularly loose and passive preflop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

River: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB
Old 11-03-2004, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Calling Second Nut Low Spades...5/10 Party

I may fold this UTG unless this game is 5-7 handed every hand without a raise.

After that flop, I don't call a bet unless I catch the mircale straight flush. The pot is small on the end makes me fold here. Why risk 1BB to win 3BB when you can beat only one other flush?

Easy fold IMO.

King
Old 11-03-2004, 02:52 AM

I think the river call is ok. You're getting 3:1 and he easily could just be betting a pair of kings. When the 4th spade came on the turn and nobody bet it, MP3 must assume that there aren't any spades out there. Why not bet his top pair? Of course, yeah he could have the 8, 9, or T of spades. But if he does, he might have bet the flop. I think it just squeaks into the 3:1 range of pot odds to call it.

(By the way, with the draw you had on the flop -- OESFD, I think a bet might have been in order).
Old 11-03-2004, 04:39 AM

Having it checked around on the flop, turn and all the way to the last player on the river just simply screamed no spades out there.

I think if i have to overcall this is a clear fold, but with only the last position players left, I felt my hand was the best.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the river call is ok. You're getting 3:1 and he easily could just be betting a pair of kings. When the 4th spade came on the turn and nobody bet it, MP3 must assume that there aren't any spades out there. Why not bet his top pair? Of course, yeah he could have the 8, 9, or T of spades. But if he does, he might have bet the flop. I think it just squeaks into the 3:1 range of pot odds to call it.

(By the way, with the draw you had on the flop -- OESFD, I think a bet might have been in order).

[/ QUOTE ]

Im getting 4 to 1 one on the call.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:25 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

knowing how to play hands like this doesn't make you a better player. it's too uncommon and it's not like any other situation. that being said, it's fine