Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 09:20 PM

Default Re: 1st Royal Ever

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm, this reminds me - people sometimes frame great hands like royal flushes. In fact my dad framed the best possible cribbage hand he was once dealt and has it in the basement. When I hit my first royal, I think I should print out the hand history and frame it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm out of ink [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2004, 09:20 PM

Nice to see I'm not alone in barely collecting on my first royal.

I'm in a SNG and shortstacked with five players left when I'm dealt KQh UTG. I push, get called by the BB and flop a royal.

Busted out 3-4 hands later, still in fourth and out of the money. I still burn up for not limping with that hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2004, 04:14 AM

Here's a link to my biggest pot ever won (bigger than yours) plus a bonus hand:

Uber Pwnage
Old 12-28-2004, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm, this reminds me - people sometimes frame great hands like royal flushes. In fact my dad framed the best possible cribbage hand he was once dealt and has it in the basement. When I hit my first royal, I think I should print out the hand history and frame it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a screenshot, it's on my website. Too bad it was on Pacific, I'll never know what hands I beat. Got 17BB's with it, so someone had *something*. 3/14/2004, a day I'll never forget.

Edit: link
Old 12-28-2004, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...In 150k hands, I have only gotten 6 other straight flushes that weren't ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi k000k,

I got a club straight flush 8 high a few weeks ago on Pacific and I had about 5000 hands since I started playing so maybe I'm ahead of the curve. I had the 4, the 5,6,7 and 8 were on the board, and I lost to someone with the 9! Lol.

Ninja, congrats on your Royal.

By the way, what are the odds in Hold'Em of getting a Straight Flush and a Royal Flush?

-TomBk
Old 12-28-2004, 03:39 PM

I had a royal flush once on PokerRoom.com, but it wasn't a royal of diamonds, which would have netted me a cool $500. Of course, not much later, they started up their Royal Flush of Anything for a jackpot. :-/

Anyways, how many times have you guys FOLDED a royal flush before the flop? I was looking through my Poker Tracker stats and it appears as though I had thrown away a Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in EP. The board came K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X X J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . That would have been nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 03:56 PM

Over 24k hands I have 5 made straight flushes (none royal -- highest king high) net 42 whopping big bets.

But PT also revealed 4 more non-royal SFs thrown away pre-flop that I hadn't even noticed. No folded royals though...

The only one I really got to enjoy though came in a home game when someone else flopped a nut flush and we had no limit on raising if a betting round started heads up...
Old 12-28-2004, 04:28 PM

I got a Royal on my 10,000 hand or so...not really sure which since I don't have the registered version of Poker Tracker yet.

Unfortunately this was a micro limit hand...as in .02/.04 stakes. Also unfortunately I only won $0.40 whopping cents... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]