Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 02:48 AM

Default how careful?

Made me nervous on the river when a second Q came up. How would you play it?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (20.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (16.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls $0.25 (All-In), BB calls.

River: (27.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

????

Final Pot: 27.20 BB
Old 12-02-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: how careful?

Uh...BB is first to act, so I'd wait until he bets or checks. Then betting or checking is usually based on my read.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:58 AM

I would call if he bets and check if he doesn't. I'm guessing that he will be betting and we will be losing, but you never know. At this point I would be hoping for a chop chop though KT would be a miracle at this point IMO. Even if he has AQ we are now behind so this certainly doesn't look good for us.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:04 AM

grunch

I don't really like the limp from UTG. Raise or fold. But since you did....

I like every street. Of course, it's not really hard to hit the raise button with the nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

River. I either call a bet, or check behind. I think I just want to show this down for cheap now, and there really isn't a side pot to defend. I think there are too many hands that beat you now.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:45 AM

Call if he bets.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:14 AM

grunch
I'd just call the bet that obviously will come from BB
Old 12-02-2005, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Made me nervous on the river when a second Q came up. How would you play it?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (20.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (16.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls $0.25 (All-In), BB calls.

River: (27.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

????

Final Pot: 27.20 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

You have GOT to fold preflop when it's two bets back to you.

Flop and turn are good, but BB is definitely playing like he's got a set. In fact, the only hand I could see you possibly being ahead of is AJ, which is pretty unlikely given the preflop action. Still, getting 28:1, I think you have to make a crying call on the river. There's probably a really tiny chance he's got some bizarre holding here.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:18 AM

Umm first off, I never limp UTG and I absolutely never limp UTG with K10s. It's either a raise or fold but since you now decide to just call and there is a raise and a 3 bet before it's your turn again, I would fold here.

Nothing else to say about the other streets, its just to press the raise button.

I check behind or call the river. That Q probably made someone a Full House since AA, JJ or AQ isn't impossible at all.

I think you are definately ahead of MP2 since his betting pattern don't tell me AA, JJ or AQ. With his last few remaining chips he would 3-bet the turn. I think he had his mind to go all the way this hand after the flop because he dont have so much chips left. He can have anything but I sense weekness in the turn call, we are ahead of him.

Check/Call or check behind on the river even tho I am interested in making a bet if he checks to me since I think we are ahead of MP2.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm first off, I never limp UTG and I absolutely never limp UTG with K10s. It's either a raise or fold but since you now decide to just call and there is a raise and a 3 bet before it's your turn again, I would fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, SSH recommends limping UTG, UTG+1, and UTG+2 with any two suited cards ten or higher, even in a tight game.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:37 AM

Umm ok, I prefer to only do it in position with a crappy hand like K10s unless I decide to raise and make a stronger image of my hand than it actually is. Works better for me and I don't use SSH as my bible.