Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 04:15 PM

Default So my hiatus is over... I guess

I've gotten my hands on a little bit of money and I'm going crazy. So I'm back. My plan on building my micro-roll involves stars 2 Table SNGs and the $3 rebuy sats. I plan on doing this until I have a comfortable roll to play the $25k on stars a few times a week, and I'll go from there. It's not much, but I built up from less originally.

Anyone with any suggestions that might have gone through something similar, they'd be most appreciated.

See you at the tables.

-sloth
Old 04-27-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: So my hiatus is over... I guess

Check out the STT forum. It can get a little dull, but the party 10$ SNGs a good way to grind out a good $/hr rate.

I will do this, and mix in a few small NL ring games, whenever my funds run a little short.

GL
Old 04-27-2005, 04:30 PM

I would love to get some others opinions on the 2 table SNG's on Stars.

I personally can't stand them because of the blind structure and too much luck involved. I figured u now have to beat 9 more players and there is only 1 additional spot paid out so too many more chances to get bad beat.

I've had very good success recently switching to the 6 handed tables as well as building what was a micro roll playing the sats.

well GL sloth- hope to see u at the tables.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:37 PM

I really like the $5, and $10 heads-ups. Fish city
Old 04-27-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to get some others opinions on the 2 table SNG's on Stars.

I personally can't stand them because of the blind structure and too much luck involved. I figured u now have to beat 9 more players and there is only 1 additional spot paid out so too many more chances to get bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an opposing way of looking at these 2-3 table sit n go's (I play on party mostly but some of the 2table stars). Even though there is a bit more chance of a bad beat along the way, the increased prize pool makes up for it. There is normally enough donks in a 3 table tourney that 90% of the time I can easily get it down to 2 tables with a good # of chips, so it's like starting a 2-table tourney but with 50% extra in the pot. Same logic applies for 2-table tourneys vs. single tables.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My plan on building my micro-roll involves stars 2 Table SNGs and the $3 rebuy sats. I plan on doing this until I have a comfortable roll to play the $25k on stars a few times a week, and I'll go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am curious about bankroll math for these kinds of plans. how much does one need to play the 3+rs, how much to play the 11+rs? can one think of an 11+r like, say, a 44 freezeout for the purposes of rollsize?
Old 04-27-2005, 05:18 PM

I'm doing the same thing. That $3R is reliable, but takes so long.

The 6-handed SNGs are good. I'm a fish and I still only miss the money about 1/3 of the time. Even with my horrendous HU play I've got a solid 70% ROI for my last 100 at the $35+3. I'm sure the $12+1s are even better.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:05 PM

I'll prob start playing the 25k when I have about $600, although that prob isn't really enough.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:20 PM

I agree- the $35+3 is easy money on Stars. If you're a decent HU player you can make a real killing since you normally get HU with a decent stack in relation to the blinds.

As far as the 11r goes i also never play if I'm under $600 as I normally need to feel comfortable apending $50-60 to play.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:27 PM

I believe that a standard BR to play in a tournament regularly is 100X buy-in. I have recently read this from some of the high volume posters.

I follow this for the most part, but can't help playing in the $50+5 about once every few weeks. I don't quite have 100X of the $50+5...actually I'm only 20% there, but it's not my "regular" game...or that is what I say to justify it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

EDIT: I might be getting MTT and ring game BR's mixed up (as far as the 100X).