Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Urgently need a hand buddy - NL $50

I am in urgent need of a hand-buddy who would be willing to look over some of my hands.

The bottom seems to have fallen out of my game. I managed to lose $150 today in less than 1500 hands and, with the exception of a couple of days, seem to be losing the last couple of weeks.

Some of today's money can be attributed to bad-beats (flopped top 2 pair - losing to str on river. Flopped set of aces falling to flush on river) but I am sure that a lot of it can be due to bad play:

1. Too many border-line hands OOP
2. Betting or calling when I should be out - The "Only 50 cents I might as well see" syndrome.
3. Not making enough from my premium hands

I don't mind if whoever looks at the hands tells me I am a real idiot. That won't be news to me!

Any takers?

I would, of course, be willing to return the favour. However, the way I have been playing recently I am not sure that you will want my advice!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Urgently need a hand buddy - NL $50

start posting the key losses and everybody will started lending there advice. post the hands you feel the biggest leaks are around and also posts the hands where you lost the biggest pots and you cannot tell if its a bad beat or bad play
Old 06-09-2005, 08:28 PM

My problem is that I don't always know which hands to choose.

It is easy to exclude some of them. Bad beats are obvious, as are cases of ridiculous calls.

It's the borderline ones that I find hard to select and I am sure they are the ones that are costing me money.

I'll spend tommorrow going through today's hands and posting a number of them. It's 3:30 am here - so I think Ishould be going to bed!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:42 PM

I'd be willing to do it if you're interested. I only play NL25 full ring though. Also I'm not very good so my advice may or may not help you. But if you're interested let me know.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:57 PM

I play 6 max 50 and I know how you feel. The game is brutal. I wouldnt mind if we could arrange a mutually profitable relationship. PM me if you care.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:49 AM

While far from being a world class player, I have been killing $50 NL on Party for about 50K hands. My win rate is about 12BB/100. I will look over some hands for you if you would like.

Also, I have read a few posts by poboy and I would not agree that he is "not any good." Quite the opposite actually, his grasp of the fundamentals from what I've read seems pretty solid.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:25 AM

just curious... is it 12BB/100 for each table you play? Do you usually buy in for the maximum 50$? That is a very nice rate. How many tables do you usually play?

[ QUOTE ]
While far from being a world class player, I have been killing $50 NL on Party for about 50K hands. My win rate is about 12BB/100. I will look over some hands for you if you would like.

Also, I have read a few posts by poboy and I would not agree that he is "not any good." Quite the opposite actually, his grasp of the fundamentals from what I've read seems pretty solid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-10-2005, 03:46 AM

Is this 6max or full?
Old 06-10-2005, 03:54 AM

I forgot to mention that I play 6-max.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:22 AM

Sorry for sidetracking thread, but Sun,

if you don't mind me asking, how different is the party 50 from the 25, if you have experience with that level. How much more difficult is the competition/major differences in play?

Thanks.