Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Excalibur - Is this ruling correct?

[ QUOTE ]
I raise and all fold (WTF!?) to the button who suddenly wakes up and says the button isn't right, it didn't move from the last hand. Polite discussion ensues, I say little as its clear to me the decision should be an apology from the dealer and the hand goes on, given there has been lots of action(not good action for me, but action nonetheless).

Floor comes over and says the hand is dead, I should take back my money, the button will then be moved and a new hand dealt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exact same thing happened at Caesars last night. Button failed to move, two people fold, next guy raises to $10 (NL1/2). Suddenly someone says "hey--I payed the blind LAST time". Dealer says "I think this is a misdeal" and guy on the button practically shouts "you gotta be fricken kiddin' me!". Others of us disagree it's a misdeal and I see the floor standing 6' away so motion for him. Jed comes over and says "there's been too much significant action--sorry--the blinds stay in and you play this out". The correct ruling.

So surprise surprise the button reraised to $45. And the original raiser with his 99 calls him! No surprise, the button wins that hand with KK. Yes, "you gotta be fricken' kiddin' me" was a tell. Who knew?!