FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: The Official OOT Cookbook.

Ron Burgundy's kickass lemon bars.

For the crust:

1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 5/8 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together with your hands until the butter is all broken up into little pieces and the mixture has a crumbly consistency. Or if you're a wuss and don't want to get your hands dirty, you can pulse it in a food processor.

Pour and press down evenly into a 13x9 inch baking pan.

Put it in a preheated 350* oven for 16-18 minutes, or until it starts to get brown around the edges.

For the filling:

3 tablespoons of flour
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
The juice of 2 lemons (don't blame me if you use that RealLemon bottled crap and it turns out tasting bad.)
The zest of 1 lemon

Whisk these ingredients together in a bowl.

When the crust is done, take it out and pour the lemon mixture into the pan. Put it back in the oven for 20 minutes.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:23 PM

Flourless Chocolate Cake (from the TV show Americas Test Kitchen)

8 eggs
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 pound semisweet chocolate (The quality of chocolate you use will make or break this cake. I use Ghiradelli because it's the easiest to find, but I also like Callebaut and Scharffen Berger. Scharffen Berger has a strong flavor that you may or may not like, so taste it by itself first.)
1/4 cup of strong coffee or liqueur is optional; I don't use either

Preheat oven to 325*. Line the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides. Cover the pan underneath and along the outsides with aluminum foil. Set the wrapped pan in a roasting pan.

Beat the eggs with an electric mixer on high until they double in volume, about 5 minutes.

Melt the chocolate and butter (and coffee or liqueur) in a double boiler. When all the chocolate is melted, pour it into the egg bowl about 25% at a time, and mix it in. If you pour it all in at once, you might cook the eggs and they would get scrambled, which is bad.

Pour the batter into the springform pan and smooth it out with a spatula. Pour some boiling water into the roasting pan so that it comes up to at least 1/3 of the way up the sides of the springform pan. Make sure the foil wrapping will prevent water from getting into the cake from the bottom.

Bake for 20-25 minutes if you have an 8-inch springform pan, and 18-20 minutes for a 9-inch pan. When you take it out, it will not look like it's done, but that's how it's supposed to look. Take it out of the roasting pan and let it cool. You could eat it now, but it's better if it refrigerates for a few hours or overnight.

When it's ready to serve, you can sprinkle some powdered suger over the top if you want it to look nice and fancy. Serve it with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

This cake is better than conventional cake with flour because flour really gets in the way of the chocolate flavor.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:40 PM

Keep these coming guys!! I am just about to make the zito bake by the way. Unable to find Italian sausage here in Northern Ireland so have gone with chorizo instead : ) can't wait
Old 12-20-2005, 08:43 PM

For all of you who seem to have issues with my opening sentence and/or paragraph... WOW! It seems I need to find a different way to poke a little fun at myself.

posting you have an IQ of 156 is poking fun at yourself?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:13 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

this one's in the bag

enjoy, deac!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:07 AM

Big Steve's Pizza in a Pot

2 pounds of Pasta(I like bowties but hey I'm a sissy)
1 pound Ground Beef
1 pound of Italian Sausage
1 bag of pepperoni(whatever the oz are something less than 1 pound I don't measure when I cook)
2 jars of pizza sauce(Make sure it is Pizza and not Spagetti sause)
3 cups of Mozzerella cheese
1 small can of sliced mushrooms*
1 green pepper sliced and diced*
1/2 onion sliced and diced*
1 small can of black olives sliced*
2 tablespoons of butter.
oregano and basil to taste
Parmesan Cheese

1. Boil the Noodles in a large pot of water(with salt and a small amount of cooking oil, helps to prevent sticking).

2. Saute the uncooked vegetables in the butter in a pan.

3. Brown the Ground beef and Italian sausage in a large pan and drain off the grease when fully cooked.

4. Combine the Cooked Vegtables, the Canned Vegetables, the Sauce, the Pepperoni, and the oregano and basil into the Ground Beef and Italian Sausage.

5. When the pasta is cooked, drain it, and combine and mix the two pots adding the Mozerella cheese, put a lid on it and let it stand for 5 minutes for the cheese to melt.

6. Serve it up and shake on some Parmesan cheese.

*Add or Subtract your favorite Pizza toppings (this is just how I make it)

Makes: 137 Oompa Loompas size servings.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 05:43 PM

this is my simple recipe for what i call cajun chicken. it is very tasty imo and i have been making it for years:

get a chicken breast and a bottle of paul prudhomme's cajun magic for poultry (there are several types). cover one side of the chicken breast with the cajun magic and rub it in. then cover the other side and rub it in. you don't really need to rub it in much, just enough so the seasoning doesn't fall off when you flip it.

one bottle of cajun magic should be enough for 4-5 chicken breasts assuming you really douse them like me.

you can either grill this for about six minutes on each side, or broil it an oven for about nine minutes on each side. grilling tastes a bit better but is not always possible.

goes great with rice or potatoes or just all by itself on a plate
Old 12-21-2005, 06:05 PM

2 chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
2 egg
3 tbs milk
3/4 cup flour
3/4 unseasoned bread crumbs
Italian seasoning
xtra virgin olive oil
salt
pepper
2 cans 28oz peeled whole tomatoes
Fresh mozzarella(should be packed in water)
Fresh parmesan cheese
Teaspoon chopped garlic

Pour enough olive oil in large frying pan to cover the bottom of the pan 1 inch deep,heat on medium.Pound the defrosted chicken till it is flat.Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl combine eggs and milk, season with italian seasoning.Pour flour out into large dish season with italian seasoning.Pour out bread crumbs into large dish season with italian seasoning

Coat chicken in the flour,shake dry.Coat chicken in the egg wash.Coat chicken in the bread crumbs.Fry the chicken on both sides about 5-7 minutes each side.Remove from the oil and place on paper towels.

In a large stew pot pour a small amount of olive oil.Heat on medium for 3-4 minutes.Put chopped garlic into oil, stir for 1 minute.Add both cans of tomatoes,crushing the large tomatoes as you stir.Heat to high and boil 5 minutes.Add 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning.Reduce heat to low, cover, and stew for 35 minutes.Add chicken into the pot,cover the breasts in small slices of the mozzarella cheese and cover.Heat for 10 minutes (til cheese is melted).Serve chicken with the tomatoes poured over the breasts, add parmesan and enjoy!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:35 PM

Lou's Chili Dip

Ingradients:
8 oz of cream cheese
can of Hormel Chili or other chili
shredded mexican cheese
dipping chips

spread cream cheese evenly on bottom of tupperware container. pour chili on top of cream cheese, and put a good amount of cheese on top of it, put it in microwave for like a minute or minute and half. Dip those damn chips and enjoy. Good for all times of day.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shajen's spaghetti and meat sauce: (I prefer to use a pressure cooker for this recipe)

2/3rds of a lb ground beef
1/2 lb italian sausage
half of one red onion-chopped
6 garlic cloves-minced
1 cup celery-finely chopped
1 cup water
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1/8 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
1/4 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons sugar
tabasco to taste
salt and pepper to taste
16 ounce diced tomatoes (I don't use the entire can, you can tell how much to use based on the meat in the sauce)

brown the sausage and ground beef. Add the onion and garlic about half way through, drain and put in the pressure cooker.

Add the remainder of the ingredients minus the tomato paste. Cook in the pressure cooker until the regulator is rocking back and forth for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool the cooker rapidly by placing under luke warm water until it is safe to remove the lid.

Add the tomato paste and stir til it thickens.

Cook the spaghetti noodles as directed.

This is really good and takes about 30 minutes total time if you have any sort of culinary skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a disgrace to sauce...i hope this is a joke