Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Week 14 FF Bitch/Brag

Bitch: I lost and was eliminated from the playoffs. Nice work Carson, hope you didn't tire yourself out throwing for all 97 of those yards. Kudos to Ricky Williams and Mike Anderson for their subhuman performances.

I also lost the total points for year (worth 10% of prize pool) by less than 3 points thanks to a horrible day for my whole team, and some guy with Brees/Ward/Porter/JimmySmith/Tiki/Gates/J.Brown/Tennessee having the day of his life. Thanks Kris Brown for your 1/3 FG effort today.

Brag: Absolutely nothing. I hate FF.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Week 14 FF Bitch/Brag

I pwn. Needed to outscore my tied division leader by 40 points to make the playoffs, and I outscored him by 66 points.

Punker what happened to your projection of being #1 in our league, and not even making playoffs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 11:49 PM

I might have the worst team to ever finish #1.

And now the question is will AJ fall all the way to the #4 seed?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:04 AM

I picked up Moats after Westbrook went down. I left M. Moore in instead switching. If I had lost I'd plenty pissed.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:24 AM

Nice long bitch:

Mere weeks ago, I had a 2 game lead in my division, and the most points in the league (tiebreaker). I then hit a 3 game losing streak, where my QB position put up a whopping total of 8.9 points over the period (1/25, 6pt TDs), including playing Jamie Martin on a hunch, watching him go down immediately, while his backup puts up 30, my bench QB's put up 20+, and I lose by 8.

However, I still had a shot playoffs this week, provided I win, and outscore a particular opponent by more than 2 if he wins as well. I put up over 150, good enough for the 3rd best score in the league on the year.

He puts up 160+

I had another shot the playoffs. Current division leader (guy who beat me by 8 when I played Martin) is a game up on me, and lead by 53 overall points going into the week. I outscored him by 51.

I miss the playoffs by 2 points (about 1/10th of a percent of total points).

Premature brag: This is a dynasty league, and the 5th - 8th overall finishers have their own playoff for the first overall draft pick. I've got a real good shot at Reggie Bush, which would make my RB's Cadillac, Reggie, Dom Davis, and Westbrook in a PPR Dynasty league. This would be pretty nice.

Brag: I've got a HELL of a team in another league, where I had a bye this week. I decided to start everyone on my bench for fun, and still managed to outscore almost everyone.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:28 AM

Bitch: Brunell. My "Optimal QB" was Pennington.

Brag: Harrison, Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander are good
Old 12-12-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I had another shot the playoffs. Current division leader (guy who beat me by 8 when I played Martin) is a game up on me, and lead by 53 overall points going into the week. I outscored him by 51.

[/ QUOTE ]

He still has Crumpler left to play. All he has to do is fumble twice then get knocked outa the game and your in.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He still has Crumpler left to play. All he has to do is fumble twice then get knocked outa the game and your in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see that! It's a lock!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:25 AM

I just can't even describe how sick I was to see the results of being eliminated and losing the points total. Losing Rackers really hurt me, and I made numerous retarded moves today like:

benching Thomas Jones for Ricky Williams,
benching Terry Glenn for Koren Robinson
benching Neil Rackers for Kris Brown

At least I talked lucky foxes into swapping 25% of any playoff winnings before today's match. I really thought I could beat him, but didn't expect his whole team to go off for multiple TDs (Brady, Alexander, Chambers).

It was a very frustrating year for me; any time I didn't score 75+ points, I lost.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:36 AM

Bitch - Last week I started Thomas Jones, and Mike Anderson went off. This week I start Anderson, and Jones is big. But if Dunn scores a TD and Vick throws / runs for two, I'll still clinch a spot in the championship in that league.

Brag - In my other league, Glenn / Engram / McCardell lead to me an upset of the #1 seed in the first round of the playoffs.