Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: the official \"Baronzeus attempts to win at poker\" thread

[ QUOTE ]
Nice hit and run at the 100-200 pound level. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

he just wanted to win exactly enough to prove he was 1337 at p0k3r. ph34r $chn31d$
Old 12-10-2005, 02:33 PM

it would be cool if you could look at w$sd in pots over a certain size...i mean, i think it's the big pots that really determine how you're running

over ~25k hands, with a vpip of ~30 and wtsd of ~40, you've seen, what, around 3k showdowns? (ok, missing the BB showdowns, but whatever)

now say that you could magically replace the 30 smallest pots you won at showdown with the 30 largest pots you lost at showdown. if the average difference in those pot sizes is, say, 12BB, then we're looking at a 360BB swing...which is ~1.5BB/100 in winrate over 25k hands.

poker is [censored] sick man
Old 12-10-2005, 02:44 PM

Baron and Schneids have 7-10% higher VPIP than me. Their WTSD and W$WSF are both significantly higher. My W$SD is the same though.

Do you guys play a lot more HU and 3-4 handed? I have a hard time seeing where I'm going to add enough weaker hands to get close to that level of VPIP AND increase my WTSD%. I play almost exclusively 6-handed or 5-handed.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:11 PM

If you really want to have a long lasting poker career you're going to have to realize that 26k hands is nothing.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey schneids,

thanks for the uplifting (?) graphs. im still gonna spend a lot of time working on my game (after exams of course! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) but at least this shows me that there's some hope for a fish like me.

i don't know how you guys deal with the -20K days. i had a -22K day the other day and it was damn near the worst thing thats ever happened to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i dropped limits...im recently coming back to 1/2+ but i have just under like 2k hands total at those limits ... my plan is to immediately drop if the loss amounts increase. i think its a good plan and i will no religiously follow MoM via JAsucker's advice.

those 20k days are a thing of the past for me.

Barron
Old 12-10-2005, 04:39 PM

what is MoM?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:47 PM

Ray Zee.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is MoM?

[/ QUOTE ]

man on mountain= ray zee

Barron
Old 12-11-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you guys play a lot more HU and 3-4 handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

My stats say average 4 people at the table. There's HU in those numbers though, and also 5-6 handed games. My preflop is variable though. Some days I can be an 18 vpip in a 6 handed game, other days I can be 35. Likewise, in 3 handed games I might be 35 all the way up to 65vpip. Depends on the players and their tendencies. Against people who'll test me all day long but don't play horribly, I shade tighter. Against loose passives who are easy to know where I'm at, I play looser. Against solid TAGs, I again play tighter but not as tight as the solid LAGs.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you guys play a lot more HU and 3-4 handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

My stats say average 4 people at the table. There's HU in those numbers though, and also 5-6 handed games. My preflop is variable though. Some days I can be an 18 vpip in a 6 handed game, other days I can be 35. Likewise, in 3 handed games I might be 35 all the way up to 65vpip. Depends on the players and their tendencies. Against people who'll test me all day long but don't play horribly, I shade tighter. Against loose passives who are easy to know where I'm at, I play looser. Against solid TAGs, I again play tighter but not as tight as the solid LAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I feel a bit better then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. My average players at the table is 5.3, so my 25VPIP doesn't feel creaky tight as I thought it might be.