Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-01-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: MTH v2.008 Release

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since downloading it a few months ago, MTH has become one of my absolute most valuable tools. I second degen, charge for this thing! In the meantime, at least put up some kind of donate link, I'd like to at least show a token of my appreciation.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look under the help menu.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:42 AM

hi folks,

just a stupid short question:
what does MTH exactly do?

thanks and bye
dr mabuse
Old 12-02-2005, 02:24 PM

Playing with the VR today, it's amazing. i've been looking for something like this for a while. My only problem now is that I'm scatter brained and keep saying the wrong damn command! I just pushed over the top of two raisers in an SNG with 94o Guess I just like saying "Push" too much. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing with the VR today, it's amazing. i've been looking for something like this for a while. My only problem now is that I'm scatter brained and keep saying the wrong damn command! I just pushed over the top of two raisers in an SNG with 94o Guess I just like saying "Push" too much. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I get started using this I think I am going to play some 5+1 SNGs or some 25NL so when I am playing the higher stakes I dont make that mistake.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:33 PM

This hand's a pretty funny example of what I mean [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

***** Hand History for Game 3132128122 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:17918070 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Friday, December 02, 15:26:53 EDT 2005
Table Table 67518 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: tightwork88 ( $600 )
Seat 4: NOSMO__KING ( $1130 )
Seat 6: wildZer0 ( $1200 )
Seat 9: boothty_op ( $4475 )
Seat 10: smoothham ( $2595 )
Trny:17918070 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to wildZer0 [ 8d 4d ]
smoothham folds.
tightwork88 is all-In [600]
>You have options at Table 68115 Table!.
NOSMO__KING is all-In [1130]
wildZer0 is all-In [1050]
boothty_op: haha
boothty_op: well
boothty_op: good odds
boothty_op calls [900].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qh, 7d, Ts ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6d ]
wildZer0 shows [ 8d, 4d ] a straight, four to eight.
boothty_op shows [ Qs, Ac ] a pair of queens.
tightwork88 shows [ Qc, Tc ] two pairs, queens and tens.
NOSMO__KING shows [ Kh, Kc ] a pair of kings.
wildZer0 wins 140 chips from side pot #2 with a straight, four to eight.
wildZer0 wins 1590 chips from side pot #1 with a straight, four to eight.
wildZer0 wins 2400 chips from the main pot with a straight, four to eight.
tightwork88 finished in fifth place.
NOSMO__KING finished in fourth place.
nh
tightwork88 has left the table.
NOSMO__KING has left the table.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:24 PM

Hi,

I am new to your software, and have found it very useful for the short period of time that I have been using it.

I have not figured out how to properly setup the keyboard bet/raise/fold hotkeys, and wondering if I am missing a step that is involved.

I am going to Options > Preferances, Under the Behavior tab, I have the Enable keyboard controls box checked in the lower section. When I go to the Keyboard controls, I have made the PageDown as Bet, End as Check/Call, and Insert as the Fold. I am not using the last 3 options, and they are set to the default values.

Is that all that is necessary?

Otherwise, it's a nice program. I can't wait to try out the voice commands (after I get a mic). I would like to suggest that you add a "Table Rehash" button, or dropdown from the menu. I find that while I am waiting for another table to popup that there will be holes on the screen where tables used to be. It would be nice to have them snap back to another missing area on the screen (see example).

Instead of >> it would revert to (X = table, o = open)
XX oX >> XX Xo
oX Xo >> XX oo

Good job, and keep up the good work.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:07 AM

Does anybody have any advice on which microphone to buy? I don't plan to use it for anything else than poker.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:40 AM

Can anyone using the speech recognition (properly) tell me if it helps to avoid over betting or pushing all-in ? I ask because I do overbet occasionally and go all in a bit too quickly sometimes, so I just wonder if those tendencies maybe tempered a little by voicing the commands as opposed to sliding and clicking. Of course it could be that it exaggerates them. Any feedback appreciated.

Thx.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone using the speech recognition (properly) tell me if it helps to avoid over betting or pushing all-in ? I ask because I do overbet occasionally and go all in a bit too quickly sometimes, so I just wonder if those tendencies maybe tempered a little by voicing the commands as opposed to sliding and clicking. Of course it could be that it exaggerates them. Any feedback appreciated.

Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's pretty easy.

For no limit to raise, I say the amount I want to bet followed by the word "raise."

Example:
ONE POINT FIVE RAISE

To go all in I just say:
PUSH

I have used the pre-programmed amounts for raises (in my case I use it on how many limpers are in). For example:

To raise 1.25, I say,

UNO RAISE (where UNO makes an automatic 1.25 bet)

For no limit, to bet a specific amount, you just say the amount followed by 'bet.'

Example:
5 BET

As for the microphone question:
I just bought one for $15 A Wal-Mart that works like a champ.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:01 PM

Thx suited sixes, appreciated your reply because I did wonder how it actually worked but what I meant in my original post (but maybe didn't get across) was, is it more or less likely to make you overbet or bet quicker than with a mouse.

The reason for wondering this is because with a mouse you are using only visual cues but when having to voice a command your obviously accessing a different part of the brain and I wondered if this made a difference. Perhaps making betting faster or slower. Initially I thought it might help to slow me down a bit but thinking about it I'm not so sure. Speaking comes so naturally to us that to blurt out 'push' (or whatever you programme) might just be a little too easy. Any thoughts ?