Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: LOST (spoilers)

We all thought Twin Peaks would be on forever after season 1 too.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:34 PM

It seems like the series is taking a turn towards science instead of the supernatural. Which is interesting, because there's still Walt and Hurley- both of whom have had very supernatural things happen in their backstories.

There's also the issue where Jack may have willed Charlie back to life and the fact that Locke seemed to hint at the Island as doing a wish fullfillment thing.

I'm thinking there's still a ton that will be explained, even if we understand everything about the Hanso foundation and The Others.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like the series is taking a turn towards science instead of the supernatural. Which is interesting, because there's still Walt and Hurley- both of whom have had very supernatural things happen in their backstories.

There's also the issue where Jack may have willed Charlie back to life and the fact that Locke seemed to hint at the Island as doing a wish fullfillment thing.

I'm thinking there's still a ton that will be explained, even if we understand everything about the Hanso foundation and The Others.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, my personal take of Goodwin refering to not taking Nathan because he "wasn't good" didn't necessarily mean good in a moral sense but rather good for a certain cause or purpose. Perhaps some sort of utopian society.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think what I really like about this show, is they give you clues or facts very covertly and quickly on the show. Example, two episodes ago in a flashback they show the young blonde Shannon, walking in the hospital where she finds her father died, for prob .5 sec on camera you see the lead character Jack walk by in his O.R. uniform. Very small pieces of info that you have to keep track of.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you watched the episode where Jack's future wife goes into the Hospital, they actually mention that the man next to her is Mr. [I forget her last name]. They also mention the same crash where an SUV went over a divider and hit his car. That is how they are all connected and why you see Jack walking away in the scene.

They have very subtle ways of connecting everyone on the island before they were there, such as Hurley owning Locke's box company. This may or may not become important later [possibly really important], but it is really interesting.

Dibs- I'm in on the club because people whine way too much about this show and continue to watch it, although I would probably bring down the overall intelligence of the group.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

theres also the whole thing about locke being able to walk again.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:03 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
If you watched the episode where Jack's future wife goes into the Hospital, they actually mention that the man next to her is Mr. [I forget her last name]. They also mention the same crash where an SUV went over a divider and hit his car. That is how they are all connected and why you see Jack walking away in the scene.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, Jack's future fiancee killed Shannon's father? Nice catch.

[ QUOTE ]
Dibs

[/ QUOTE ]
heh
Old 11-17-2005, 06:03 PM

My only issue there is that we don't know why he can't walk, so we can't view it as totally supernatural, whereas Walt like makes things die with his brain.

The three things I would really like to see in this show, as I earlier stated in IRC:

1- Jin to just use his gangster training and destroy fools

2- Walt to put on his wizard hat and robe and just start doing wizard [censored] at people. I'm just pretty sure stepping to Walt is not good times.

3- Jack being dead, Kate can go with him.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:07 PM

I would like to see a group of the bad-ass dudes like Jin, Eko, and some others gather weapons and start hunting others. Maybe even finding there society or something.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see a group of the bad-ass dudes like Jin, Eko, and some others gather weapons and start hunting others. Maybe even finding there society or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jin was also a CTU agent in 24 Season 3, so he's certainly up to the task
Old 11-17-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jin was also a CTU agent in 24 Season 3, so he's certainly up to the task

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i noticed this too. awesome.