Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Tricky decision! \"I put you all-in\"

This was submitted to me by a friend of mine, very interesting case:

Here is a poker ruling problem which occurred at a table I was dealing (I don't actually remember how the floor did rule).

2 5 Blind NL HU.

After the turn there is a pot that is probably around $120. Three players remain in the hand.

Seat 1 is shortstacked with less than $100 chips remainig. Seat 4 has a deep stack between $600-$700 and has not shut up all night, he has been constantly talking trash directing much of it to the player in seat 1 (nothing abusive). Seat 8 is also deep stacked with a approximately the same size stack as seat 4.

Seat 1 is first to act and checks. Seat 4 leans back and announces "I put him all in" immediately seat 8 announces call and starts pushing all his chips out. Seat 4 immediately starts objecting saying that he only meant to bet as much as Seat 1 had. He was facing seat 1 when he said it (seat 4 always faces seat 1).

1) How much did seat 4 bet?
2)If you rule that seat 4 only bet as much as Seat 1 had in front of him, May seat 8 now raise?

Tricky one to say the least.

I won't give my decision yet, but I will say this: "I put you all-in" is a terribly amateurish phrase, and here's a prime example why you shouldn't say it.

al