Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-13-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Running Simulations - TTH and others

I would like to be able to run very detailed simulations and am wondering if TTH or PAP or whatever can accomplish this. I am thinking, in particular, of experiments like this. I would, for example, like to be able to set up a certain situation on the flop and compare the EV of calling or raising over 1 million hands.

Is this doable in TTH? I downloaded the demo but it disables the simulation option. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Running Simulations - TTH and others

Hi Jake. Welcome to the Software forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do believe it's possible in TTH. You can even set-up various player profiles (since there will be decisions to be made on the turn and river).
-Sam
Old 12-14-2005, 04:47 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I am assuming that I would have to create a profile for the Hero as well then? Do other people have premade profiles that can be downloaded somewhere?

Also, any comments related to this post by StellarWind in the same thread would be of interest. They are pretty disconcerting to me, as I would hate to spend 80-90$ on a program that isn't helping me at all.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:55 AM

funny u should mention this. I made this post yesterday.

LINK

I know Wilson software just released a new version of TTH, but I still have my friends Ver 5 so far, and just started messing aorund with it last night. I would like to find a not so time consuming way to quickly edit/use some of their bot profiles to reflect loose blind defenders that can be aggressive.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:56 AM

they have premade bots. I think thats what nate used, but he might have edited them. Not sure. I think he used the Conan the Librarian bot for the player doing the steals.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:36 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

nate made his own profiles. the ones the program comes with are completely unrealistic
Old 12-14-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would, for example, like to be able to set up a certain situation on the flop and compare the EV of calling or raising over 1 million hands.

Is this doable in TTH? I downloaded the demo but it disables the simulation option. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can do this. My suggestion is to take the profile that folds all hands, edit/save it for each player that you want involved (Hero and villans) to act with the hands that you are using, then set up your Stacked deck and run your simulations.

Make sure to turn off the alternate play option for each hand that you are testing.

It will be a little tougher to manipulate the preflop pot size, unless you set the PF call/raise actions for each of your new profiles as you'd like.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nate made his own profiles. the ones the program comes with are completely unrealistic

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on what I read in the Zoo on and off, I don't think your statement is accurate.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on what I read in the Zoo on and off, I don't think your statement is accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea whether the second statement is true or not, but from reading through all of NAte's posts on the subject, it does seem to me like he made his own profiles... which is what I plan on doing as well unless the new version is extremely good. I'll have to watch the computer play and see how it goes.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:33 AM

Wilson Software offers a booklet that describes how to do simulations.