Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 12-11-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Specific Player at PLO8 25 on Party

I remember awhile ago there was a discussion of someone named AmourofGod at the 25's. He seems pretty LAG at my table, potting every hand pf, can anyone link me to the thread about him or fill me in?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Specific Player at PLO8 25 on Party

I think Amour was on tilt this weekend. He usual doesn't raise before the flop without AA2x or AA3x. He usually plays tight, and will most likely rever to that type of play.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:17 PM

Ok cuz I've seen him potting naked Kings, A5sxx, and calling pot bets with garbage hands so.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok cuz I've seen him potting naked Kings, A5sxx, and calling pot bets with garbage hands so.

[/ QUOTE ]

As have I but my sample size is small
Old 12-11-2005, 05:24 PM

He's fairly aggressive but I believe he's generally alright. He usually sits there with a decent stack.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:49 PM

I had tons and tons of hands with him when I used to play the PL08 25 tables. He is semi-loose to loose 35-40 % VPIP. He multi-tables, and is moderately aggressive, but MOST of his aggression comes from steaming/tilt. You really have to watch him to get a feel for when he is playing solidly and when he is behaving erratically.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's fairly aggressive but I believe he's generally alright. He usually sits there with a decent stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose. Pushes loves to push-what he percieves as- small edge so he's obviously dangerous.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:09 AM

I have several thousand hands on him. He does well at $25. He will raise good hands pre flop out of position. From button and 1 back he will pot marginal starting hands pre flop trying to run other marginals out. When he does this from the button I would only call with a strong starting hand because you never know if he's doing it with a marginal or strong hand. If you hit the flop, check it to him and he will bet for you. If you miss the flop you probably have to fold like any other time, if you test him after you miss you will lose chips against him. Not sure if I should be telling all this about him. Sorta new to the forum, don't know what is acceptable.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have several thousand hands on him. He does well at $25. He will raise good hands pre flop out of position. From button and 1 back he will pot marginal starting hands pre flop trying to run other marginals out. When he does this from the button I would only call with a strong starting hand because you never know if he's doing it with a marginal or strong hand. If you hit the flop, check it to him and he will bet for you. If you miss the flop you probably have to fold like any other time, if you test him after you miss you will lose chips against him. Not sure if I should be telling all this about him. Sorta new to the forum, don't know what is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems about right to me, although I have him as a small loser in my PTO db (-1 or -2 ptobb/100).
Old 12-12-2005, 01:06 PM

Only 1400 hands:
37/61/27/(440)/(20)/26/49/9
vpip/vpipsb/w$wsf/won/bb00/wsd/w$sd/pfr

a bit volatile, easy to quarter as he has great difficulty laying hands down.