Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Everyday Dick Moves

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this qualifies as a dick move or not.

I take my junk mail (especially credit card offers), and stuff everything (including the original envelope -- sometimes other junk/garbage) back in the pre-paid response envelope and mail it back to them. I sometimes add a post-it note asking if they can throw it away for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I'm going to start doing this.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this qualifies as a dick move or not.

I take my junk mail (especially credit card offers), and stuff everything (including the original envelope -- sometimes other junk/garbage) back in the pre-paid response envelope and mail it back to them. I sometimes add a post-it note asking if they can throw it away for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think thats a dick move to yourself.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:13 PM

why are these dick threads so damn popular

i think it's sad
Old 12-09-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. It is most effecient if everyone uses every last inch of the closing lane to merge. And the cause of the slowdown is uncooperative merging. The merging would be uncooperative no matter if it took place ten miles back, or at the last second. But using all of the available lane allows the most throughput for a given stretch of road. So I hate to tell you guys, but by not letting people in you are the dicks and are slowing everyone down.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically we learn OOTers are dicks and make a lot of dick moves, but also hate other people that make dick moves and get revenge by making an even bigger dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more of an 'America' thing than an 'OOT' thing
Old 12-09-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I brake-check people like a mofo because everyone in Florida tailgates. This pisses me off the the extent that I don't give a [censored] if they hit my baby (car) because Florida's got the rear-end law: whoever hits you from behind is at fault no matter what.

On the same note, if we're on a one-lane road and someone behind me is tailgating, I go as slow as legally allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. I used to drive an old POS pick up truck and I was SEVERE with my brake checks. Now I drive something nice and dont do it as bad, because it would be waaaay to much of a hassle to get everything fixed if they actually did hit me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I currently have a POS but I'm always scared to do brake checks because the tailgating ass hole usually has 100 pounds on me. If he hits me, it's obvious that I was just trying to get him to stop tailgating, so in his eyes, the accident is my fault and I am a moron. I don't want to get my ass kicked. Anybody have experience with this?
Old 12-09-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i the only one that doesn't care about tailgating when there's more than one lane? if a guy wants to go faster than me in a > 1 lane situation, he has the right to. if i'm in the left i will get over to the right so he can get by

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Most people are so self absorbed that they take everything that happens on the road as some sort of personal interaction. Its just traffic man. That's how traffic works.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I brake-check people like a mofo because everyone in Florida tailgates. This pisses me off the the extent that I don't give a [censored] if they hit my baby (car) because Florida's got the rear-end law: whoever hits you from behind is at fault no matter what.

On the same note, if we're on a one-lane road and someone behind me is tailgating, I go as slow as legally allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. I used to drive an old POS pick up truck and I was SEVERE with my brake checks. Now I drive something nice and dont do it as bad, because it would be waaaay to much of a hassle to get everything fixed if they actually did hit me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I currently have a POS but I'm always scared to do brake checks because the tailgating ass hole usually has 100 pounds on me. If he hits me, it's obvious that I was just trying to get him to stop tailgating, so in his eyes, the accident is my fault and I am a moron. I don't want to get my ass kicked. Anybody have experience with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably start keeping a handgun in your glove compartment
Old 12-09-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. It is most effecient if everyone uses every last inch of the closing lane to merge. And the cause of the slowdown is uncooperative merging. The merging would be uncooperative no matter if it took place ten miles back, or at the last second. But using all of the available lane allows the most throughput for a given stretch of road. So I hate to tell you guys, but by not letting people in you are the dicks and are slowing everyone down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. This is one 100% correct. It is a merge so if everyone just merged at a steady pace instead on cramming into the one lane a 2 miles ahead of the end it would run smoothly.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Experience with what, being a pussy? No. Sorry.