Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 11:06 AM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
how do you see it as only slightly -ev or even 0 ev though? i'm just going by your own assessment that you "don't really know what's going on in limit poker". if that assessment is true, you're losing a lot of money playing your average 4 handed 100/200 on stars.

[/ QUOTE ]Well I guess I should be more specific in my self-analysis. I USED to be a pretty solid winner at 5/10 6m before I transitioned to NL cash where I have become a demigod. Since then, I haven't played much limit. Since there was 1 pretty bad player and the other two weren't GREAT, I can't imagine I was very -EV. When I said I don't really know what's going on, I kinda meant I wasn't a proven winner at 15/30+ over 10s of thousands of hands, but I feel I have a decent grasp of the game.

onto results:
hand 1: he had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and my gut during the hand was right (that I should fold this turn), but I was an idiot and called down anyways

hand 2: he pays off with AJo hi

hand 3: He had KQo. I'm really surprised people think K hi might pay off here, I guess I didn't bet because I felt pretty confident that AK hi wouldn't even pay off that river, but now that you guys say even K hi might pay off that river I feel like an idiot for not betting.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how do you see it as only slightly -ev or even 0 ev though? i'm just going by your own assessment that you "don't really know what's going on in limit poker". if that assessment is true, you're losing a lot of money playing your average 4 handed 100/200 on stars.

[/ QUOTE ]Well I guess I should be more specific in my self-analysis. I USED to be a pretty solid winner at 5/10 6m before I transitioned to NL cash where I have become a demigod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Demigod?

Whoa.

Tex
Old 12-07-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: 3 100/200 hands

Hand 1: i would toss this on the turn unless you've seen him be nuts postflop as well, there's a lot out there and the pot hasn't gotten too big yet.

hand 2: nicely done i'd play it exactly the same.

hand 3: id bet the river. he could easily do this with 88/99 or worse (A7s etc.) given that he just saw you value raise the turn with middle plair ten kicker. so id find a value bet on the river.

also, the guys who regularly play the stars game shorthanded are some very good readers and very aggressive postflop. their preflop play can sometimes be pretty bad by most standards, and they dont make up for it w/ postflop play, but they put you to tough decisions in decent sized pots in and out of position...so if you dont mind the gamble, then go for it as im sure you have the b-r from the NL tables.

GL.

Barron
Old 12-07-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: 3 100/200 hands

You may be right about the K highs not calling... however, I still feel that the hand is a bet on the end. In that game four handed the players don't shut down--they continously fire with a pair. As such I believe TP is good here too often to check.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Well I guess I should be more specific in my self-analysis. I USED to be a pretty solid winner at 5/10 6m before I transitioned to NL cash where I have become a demigod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Demigod?

Whoa.

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

i assumed he was jopking [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 04:38 PM

no hes not joking, zeebo = demigod in nl