Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-13-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Deep stack KK How\'d I do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there's value there on a river raise. the other guy prob has pocket aces and good chance he folds

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]WTF? I think this is a horrible river to bluff at considering I checked THAT turn. What range checks that turn and value-raises the river on an offsuit 7?
Old 11-13-2005, 10:47 PM

Top set that knows the opponent has a two outer most likely? Or potentially a 4 outer with AK that can improve to TPTK on the river and pay off?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If I check now, I can call a pot bet on river. If I bet now I have to fold to all checkraises, isn't that correct? I would hate to be bluffed out of this pot when it's so big and my hand is so good and AK is so likely to semibluff IMO. Isn't my hand good enough to showdown here?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think poker is planning your next step, but i think you're assigning too much chance of getting bluff check raised. you lose the same amount when he does have a monster this way, but you don't allow him to catch up, which imo is a bigger risk than getting bluff check raised.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:50 AM

I like the way you played it. Hopefully, he showed you AQ or JJ.

While most twoplustwoers would probably call this a bit weak, you played a 1500 pot. you put in 75 bbs. You could bet turn, but if he gets frisky with AQ, then what?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:13 AM

perhaps the flaw here is that you start with the second nut and then never ever raise for value, or bet and find out you need to slow down

making a bet of your own at ANY point in the hand would be adviseable, i like a flop raise to be honest

im not sure about the turn check vs bet, its really not a terrible board to check as you cant beat QQ and the texture isnt very rough at all

obviously you played the river correctly, but you are going to bet the river if he checks to you twice correct? doesnt this also stand the risk of being check raised bluffed? i just dont see why thats such a huge concern for you, you are allowed to fold if you want!