Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 11-04-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

I already posted what follows, but deep in the other thread, so many will miss it. I think the subject matter deseves its own thread. Keep in mind my propensity to not go into details is due only to my laziness and slow typing abilities. Much elaboration, by me or someone else, is eventually necessary.

There is one other last ditch measure (two versions) that I am very familiar with (without which we would not have a general moderator for theis website). The only problem is that it takes awhile and I have only until Jan 1.

The idea is to get to the top of the friends ladder, have her become emotionally dependent on you and then VERY DECISIVELY announce with NO WARNING and NO SNIVELING that you realize you are attracted to her and that it is best if you don't see each other again. Do not make it sound like it is an ultimatum! Make her think that you totally assume you have no chance with her. You are just making an announcement. Period.

The other version, probably more powerful, is to tell her, or better yet hint (again after having spent a lot of time on the top of her friends ladder) that you have a girlfriend who would prefer you two stop being so friendly. This you can string out over a week or two. Perhaps you can get a girl to act the part. Or if you want to be unethical you can actually get a girlfriend.

After the speech you really don't see her. But there is about a 25% chance she will call you after a week or two of reflection. (5% chance of instant capitulation).

The key here is to get to the VERY TOP of the friends ladder and not be too "cuddly" as you are doing it. Hobbe's wife will call you a snake in the grass but she is wrong. Because girls who will torment nice guys while they date the jerks should not complain about this tactic, at least as far as I'm concerned.

So the bottom line is to ask her out but not appear crushed if you get turned down. Then act as if being just friends is OK. After which spend about two or three months wending your way into her mind. Where she feels you are the first person to tell when anything important comes up. It will be too late for me but maybe not for you.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you can get a girl to act the part. Or if you want to be unethical you can actually get a girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't both of these situations unethical?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:09 AM

Different leagues. Please don't hijack this thread over my one unneeded sentence.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Different leagues. Please don't hijack this thread over my one unneeded sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

All apologies. We can save the ethics discussion for another day. I will add something more useful for Snoball to pay my penitence.

The holidays is not best time of the year to move up the friends ladder. People tend to plan to spend that time with their families and close friends. Snoball either needs a sob story (i.e he's has no family nearby to be with for the holidays) or some other device to get penciled into her holiday activities. If this doesn't happen, I don't think I see another line to meet the January 1 deadline.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
. (5% chance of instant capitulation).

[/ QUOTE ]

That alone should be enough for you to follow davids advice....he is the math expert = )
Old 11-04-2005, 11:04 AM

This is what happens when mathematicians get involved in human relations.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 11:17 AM

Too risky.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:45 PM

I understand that the man needs to get laid by January 1, 2006 (which, by the way, coincides with the changes in Medicare). Why does he not have the option of using booze? I mean, when I was in college, that's how we got laid. Throw a few wine coolers down the broad's throat, tell your roomate to take a hike, and batta-bing, you're in. I mean, isn't that just faster than taking the time to emotionally manipulate her?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:40 PM

cause that is rape. If she won't sleep with you sober, then getting her drunk to sleep with you is rape. See the law for any help.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:42 PM

What ever happened to just be yourself? Don't you see this as wrong and playing games?