Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-15-2005, 06:30 AM

Default 25/50 hu need better line

stack size: villain $4500, hero covers

Villain playing pretty aggro, he pots EVERY flop if he was pfr, other than that, not much else of a read.

cards: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain opens to 150, hero calls

(Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) (<font color="blue">pot 300</font>)

Hero checks, Villain bets $300, Hero makes it $1200, Villain calls

(Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) (<font color="blue">pot 2700</font>)
Hero checks, Villain bets $1300 (with 1850 left behind), Hero folds.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Re: 25/50 hu need better line

w/ those stack sizes i check call, or lead/3bet allin (i would occasionally checkraise, but I think its the worst option). Having checkraised, i think your turn line is fine- but its a gross spot you should try not to be in (imo there are 14 really ugly turns (any A/K/9, 8h, Th) and a further 12 fairly ugly turns (any T/8/low heart). So you dislike more than half the deck on the turn, and u leave villain w/ exactly one PSB. The more i think about it the more i want to push the turn as you played it... but i still hate the flop c/r.

BTW sry for not seeing u today.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: 25/50 hu need better line

Yeah I think the hard thing here is the amount of killer cards that can hit to make your two pair look bad and the fact you are OOP. Check/call the flop and pot a blank turn? If you are sure he would raise if you lead on the flop then go for the 3 bet?

Jez

P.S. Hi zeebo I was TeamRazor on UB the other night.