Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: This is not a handicapped parking spot

If I am understanding correctly you were parked illegally in a manner that made the handicap spot difficult to access?

Sounds somewhat dickish but also pretty typical 16 year old stuff. I wouldn't worry about it all.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I am understanding correctly you were parked illegally in a manner that made the handicap spot difficult to access?

Sounds somewhat dickish but also pretty typical 16 year old stuff. I wouldn't worry about it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless if he moved the only spot the handicapped guy could have parked in would have been illegal. It's better if OP stays in the illegal spot so that he can move temporarily if he needs to allow the real handicapped spot easy access, than another person who is going to park his car and walk away, leaving the handicapped stall only half-useful.

Freakin
Old 10-07-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said the HC spot next to him was already taken.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:45 PM

To be clear, it was packed, so every spot was taken. If there were other places feasible to park within, even illegally, I'm sure those were taken as well.

I wasn't blocking access to anything, other than 1) the hypotetical van-chair-lift issue, and 2) the abilty to park exactly where I was parked.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said the HC spot next to him was already taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right but isn't the part with diagnol lines there to allow easier access for people who are in wheelchairs etc. IMO parking there is a dick move even if think you can determine it won't inconvience anyone.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Either way you are parking illegally though. It's just funny that you would tell some guy that it's not a real space, while simultaneously occupying the "non-space".

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what he told the guy at all. He simply told him it wasn't a space he was entitled to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, yet neither was he...and yet he's telling somebody that it's not a space. haha.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Either way you are parking illegally though. It's just funny that you would tell some guy that it's not a real space, while simultaneously occupying the "non-space".

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what he told the guy at all. He simply told him it wasn't a space he was entitled to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, yet neither was he...and yet he's telling somebody that it's not a space. haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, be he is conducting a business. I see Ice cream trucks parked all day in No Parking/No Standing Zones all the time. The couple of $60 tickets they might get is well worth the money they will rake in with an excellent location.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:23 PM

As long as he stays with the vehicle he's not really "parked" anyway.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as he stays with the vehicle he's not really "parked" anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if he's in the drivers seat its considered "Standing", but if he's in the back selling ice cream, isn't it parked?
Old 10-07-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, be he is conducting a business. I see Ice cream trucks parked all day in No Parking/No Standing Zones all the time. The couple of $60 tickets they might get is well worth the money they will rake in with an excellent location.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the point...the point is he has no more business parking there than anyone else, and yet he acted like an authority and told the guy that "it's not a space". If it was no a space, a car could not occupy it.

It's just as much a space for the other guy as it was for him. It's just funny that's all.