Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 08:53 AM

Default 2/4 KK

No reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 10-05-2005, 09:17 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: 2/4 KK

i likely play it the same. a bet/fold line on the river is giving up too much to unknowns.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:21 AM

I think you played this well. I'd consider chucking it on the flop, but you have at least three outs if you're behind and MP2 may well be betting a flush draw. You have to bet the turn after it's checked to you - you can't give a free card. Good check on the end here too. It's hard to see what MP2 has that isn't beating you if he calls. He may have something like QK or QT I guess. Still, I'd check behind.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:24 AM

I play it the same.

Sux to see that A on the flpp when you've got KK.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:18 AM

I think you should fold flop. It is tough to fold hand like KK on 1 bet on flop, but this is that kind of situation.

1. Board has almost worst possible context. It is very likely someone has ace or flush draw. 2 pair is also possibility and probably also gut-shot straight draws are out.

2. Pot has five other opponents. Against five opponents second pair is very marginal holding.

3. If you any behind you have probably very few clear outs to win whole pot or can be drawing dead.

4. Raiser is in your immediate right. As many players automatically check to pre-flop raiser, it is possible someone will raise if you call. If you raise you have to pay at least 2 bets to see turn.

I think this is time to make really good fold on flop. Against 5 other players you should only play solid values or good draws, this time time you have either of them.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Board has almost worst possible context. It is very likely someone has ace or flush draw. 2 pair is also possibility and probably also gut-shot straight draws are out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is likely that someone has an ace. It's also likely no one has an ace. The only two pair is QJ, which I have outs against. And I want to fold gutshots. I'm not really worried about T's b/c they're only drawing to 2 outs. If one of the K's are out, I want to fold him and win me another half of a pot the times a T drops.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Pot has five other opponents. Against five opponents second pair is very marginal holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have dirty set outs, a gutshot, and a chance to drive out the rest of my opponents. Why fold in this big pot and not raise?

[ QUOTE ]

3. If you any behind you have probably very few clear outs to win whole pot or can be drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm never drawing dead. In the rare case that someone has KT, I'm drawing slim to a split. You're right, I don't have many outs. But don't you think I have the best hand here a fair amount of time?

[ QUOTE ]

4. Raiser is in your immediate right. As many players automatically check to pre-flop raiser, it is possible someone will raise if you call. If you raise you have to pay at least 2 bets to see turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What raiser?

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is time to make really good fold on flop. Against 5 other players you should only play solid values or good draws, this time time you have either of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe in any rules and I don't believe this would be a good fold. I don't have enough reason to believe an ace is very likely yet, there are a lot of draws on this board, and a wide range of hands will pay off flop raises and turn bets.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:56 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i think you made the most when ahead and lost the least when behind.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:58 AM

considering the context of the board, i don't mind your line as there could be a really wide range of hands against you. Most of the time, however, I would be expected to be behind A-little.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't believe in any rules and I don't believe this would be a good fold. I don't have enough reason to believe an ace is very likely yet, there are a lot of draws on this board, and a wide range of hands will pay off flop raises and turn bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm leaning towards a fold on the flop too. You're up against five opponents who have all voluntarily put money into the pot. Sure, sometimes you'll throw away the best hand - but you have to think about the long term. Most of the time in this spot you'll be drawing very slim.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm leaning towards a fold on the flop too. You're up against five opponents who have all voluntarily put money into the pot. Sure, sometimes you'll throw away the best hand - but you have to think about the long term. Most of the time in this spot you'll be drawing very slim.

[/ QUOTE ]
I too would also fold the flop, but the pot size is large enough where playing the hand the way the hero did can only be a small mistake at best. I estimiate that the hero has 3 pure outs here and he is getting 13-1 to call, which is very close to getting correct odds to call, and if the hero has the odds to call he is much better off raising. Overall I think the ev of folding is only slightly higher than the ev of raising in this situation so i dont think the hero made a terrible mistake. This is a very good hand problem, and I think the flop play is still debatable, but I would fold in this situation.