Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Turnplay in 22

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t1397)
SB (t710)
BB (t975)
UTG (t695)
Hero (t860)
MP1 (t1795)
MP2 (t580)
CO (t988)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t120</font>, MP1 calls t120, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls t60.

Flop: (t405) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, MP1 calls t300, UTG calls t300.

Turn: (t1305) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

What's my line here? I could be drawing to 4 or 11 outs against a made flush or to only 2 outs if someone had a set on the flop. I've also seen people calling this bet on the flop with JT and AK though, so I could still be well ahead.

Would my line be the same when there's only one caller on the flop?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Turnplay in 22

Is pushing the flop too big? kind of a draw heavy board... and say you bet the pot of 400 thats half your stack which a push would be good. But I like to bet the pot and others tend to disagree and bet less. You could easily still have the best hand though. I like pushing the flop though and getting 400 chips and still got a chance to get a caller. Theres plenty of fish in the $22's and Im sure they love chasing flushes. Well im just rambling trying to think what I would do. I might check it, but are you not getting your chips in here? If you fold and you... ok I just reread the hand and I think pushing the flop is best....?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:59 AM

Man, this is exactly why I hate Party Poker and their 800 starting chips. Any other site and this is a different play. Because Party forces good players to gamble all their chips early, I would have pushed preflop. If I take it down, good, I've got a few more chips to play with. (There was a thread that said 45 more chips increases your chances of winning by 5%?)

If not pushing preflop, I would have pushed on the flop. If you're going to play a hand at Party in the very early stages, you've got to play them hard and fast when you've got one like this. (I think, because I've not played there in quite awhile.)

Any other site, I would be able to play it much like you have, because even losing I've still got enough stack to continue. At Party, you're crippled by losing a hand like this. (I should find someone with graphic skills who can do a NO 800 sign for me.)

CJ
Old 09-26-2005, 08:18 AM

Thats a weak raise preflop, I'd raise it to 150-200, you dont really want more than one caller.

Flop bet isnt really big enough either, thats a pretty drawy board with 2 cards in the playing zone and a 2 flush board. I'd much rather a pot size bet or a bit more to drive them out.

Pretty dirty turn card if one has a flush, but good if one has JT. I'd push here as you are pot committed anyway, whatever you do dont give a freecard.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(There was a thread that said 45 more chips increases your chances of winning by 5%?)

[/ QUOTE ]

The only definite thing there was that 45 extra chips increases ROI by ~5% (little less) if all the players are identical. Not your chance of 1st, and there wasn't really any progress on figuring out what it would do for a winning player, or really even for an average player (only for IDENTICAL players, not average player).
Old 09-26-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(There was a thread that said 45 more chips increases your chances of winning by 5%?)

[/ QUOTE ]

The only definite thing there was that 45 extra chips increases ROI by ~5% (little less) if all the players are identical. Not your chance of 1st, and there wasn't really any progress on figuring out what it would do for a winning player, or really even for an average player (only for IDENTICAL players, not average player).

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I took the intent of the post to be that a small addition to your stack increases your chances of making the money, which I believe is true, esp at Party.

CJ
Old 09-26-2005, 09:20 AM

Why such a small re-raise pre-flop? I bump it to 200 and push the flop if there are unders.

Because of your pre-flop play, you are in a terrible situation. I think you are behind, but the pot is huge, you only have ~400 left, and there is still a chance that you are ahead. I push.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:40 AM

Turnplay? WTF is that??? I'd just push the flop.