Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Was this a bad raise on the turn?

Villian in this hand was loose and agressive pre-flop, but pretty passive after the flop. 53/20/1. I feel ok about the call on the flop with a gutshot, two overs and a backdoor flush draw. However, I wondering if check raising the turn is a bad idea? I felt like villian could be betting UI overcards like AK or AQ or possibly a smaller pair like A9. I feel like once I get three bet on the turn I have to call and then check/fold the river UI.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1 (All-In), Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 07-28-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Was this a bad raise on the turn?

I don't understand why you raised. I think I'd bet the flop as well. 2 overs + gutshot and you dont want to give those people drawing to the straight a free card.