Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 07-30-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Internet-poker-playing world traveller

So, what exactly do you do?

I'm still unclear.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
some have mentioned the potential dangers of playing in thailand because gambling is illegal there.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's kind of funny considering they have just about the rockingest whore houses in the world.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:41 AM

he's referring to the european poker tour with qualifiers on stars that last year hit london, dublin, barcelona, paris, deuville, copenhagen, vienna and monte carlo if I recall correctly.

I checked a couple weeks ago and they still didn't have this year's schedule up on the web-site. I'm hoping they actually have the EPT again.

seems that it was reasonably popular and poker is getting bigger and bigger in europe so I would think it would be a 'go'...although pokerstars involvement might be debateable.

i'm hoping that after the WCOOP events are concluded they have all those satellites for the EPT events again.
A trip or two to Barcelona or Vienna, etc would ROCK!!
Old 07-30-2005, 02:44 AM

Yeah that would be sweet. I also think Pacific has qualifiers for the UK Open II if anyone is interested. I think it is a 10K buy in with 2.5K for travel if you qualify
Old 07-30-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I even scoped out some beach locations with Wi Fi access though I'm a bit paranoid as to the salty air's effects on my laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do about battery life? I really want to do this but I could only play about an hour or two at a time, much less than I would want.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:40 PM

Not to mention the sun would be so bright I think it would be damn near impossible to play.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:20 PM

I am doing the American version of this next year when my lease is up. 12 months in 12 cities to see where I want to finally settle down. New York is already looking like a strong contender.

Here are the 12 cities I am going to spend one month in each.

Seattle, Las Vegas, Honolulu, New York, West Los Angeles, Chicago, New Orleans, Boston, Houston, Miami, Washington D.C., and Atlanta.

I will be either renting a furnished apartment for a month or finding an extended stay hotel to stay for a month.

After that, I intend to do an international version of the same trip with the following cities:

London, Sydney, Mexico City, Paris, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Rio De Janeiro, Berlin, Amsterdam, Venice / Milan / Rome, Moscow, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Vancouver, Toronto, San Jose (Costa Rica), Rosarito / Cabo San Lucas, Athens, and some city to-be-determined in Africa.

My take on the international one is to more travel the world then eventually try to live in any of these locations, but you never know how it could end up. Internet access will be trickier worldwide, but I won't have to worry about this oen for about 2 years.

Meanwhile, I am traveling almost every other week this year to acquaint myself with some of the areas I am going to be "living" in.

It will definitely be very interesting when I start in 10 months.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:24 PM

You should definitely put up a blog for that trip. I'd be interested...
Old 07-30-2005, 03:05 PM

Those of you who have done this..

What do you do about medical insurance when you're travelling around the world? Does yours cover you worldwide or do you just go without?
Old 07-30-2005, 03:51 PM

When traveling like this you should also consider purchasing additional insurance to cover expenses to return you to the states in case of a major medical emergency. Example: a close friend of my brothers was doing a motorcycle tour in South America. Bridge collapses with him and acouple others on it, in middle of nowhere, ends up being helicoptered from small town to larger town and then life flighted back to US. Now partially paralyzed, but would likely not have made it otherwise. Just got married a couple months ago.