Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-26-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: AK first hand in the money

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure pushing preflop is the best idea given that he has 19 BBs.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm sure it's not the 'best' idea but given the fact that the button had position on him, and hero was on pace to finish 3rd I don't see any problems with it either. With AA or KK I would have played this hand the way he played it with AK. He doesn't NEED to push preflop with 19XBB and I get that but if he gets called he's probably getting called with the best of it and if he doesn't then he's still takes the blinds and he plays on.. _PEACE_
Old 07-26-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: AK first hand in the money

I'm going to check this flop, but I think I actually like a c/r all-in here if button bets small at this pot when you check to him, as I think he will with many hands. Basically, checking induces a bluff here, which you'll then snap off with the c/r all-in. I think he'll fold pretty often, and when he doesn't, you'll usually have six outs and even occasionally be ahead. Even though you have no pair, I think you still have a pretty good hand for 3 handed and it's very possible that the button has something silly like K9s, so I don't think you want to let yourself be moved off this pot if you check. Betting and folding to a raise is probably okay as well, but I prefer the c/r plan because you're going to need to put in 1/3 or so of your stack anyway to look convincing betting the flop.