Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: QQ check/raised on turn What do you do?

I see 3 options: (1) re-raise, (2) call, (3) fold.
Option 1 -- If the villan is on a draw you make him pay. He may be looking for a free card and the option to win right there. He may also have a pair like TT or JJ trying to drive out hands like QQ or JJ etc. If that is the case then I would think maybe he calls your reraise and checks on river unless he makes it. If he re-raises you I would say he has the set and I would then fold vice 2 more Big bets.

Option 2 --- you could call and check to the river to get more info on the villan. Does he raise for ogther than value betting etc etc and what he will raise with.

Option 3 fold --- Because you have no read he may have been slow playing a monster, may have a set etc etc

Option 3 is out for me. Both option 1&2 cost the same 2 more BBs so....... Option 1 gets me there. I re-raise and if he re-reraise I fold if not on the river if a rag comes I check and call.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:02 AM

I really need a read here, but I understand you don't have one. So, I'm folding. He's telling you that he can beat top pair, you don't have any particular reason not to believe him, and even a weak top pair beats you. Maybe he has something like 77, but I've lost a lot of money calling down in this spot trying to catch a bluff, and at this point I'd need a read that he was tricky or laggy in order to call this down.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:51 AM

I can lay this down vs a solid player. Vs a normal idiot, calllllll dooooown moooooode.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:02 AM

FYI, no one check/raised you.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:04 AM

A fold is probably correct. That being said, you need some notes on this guy. Its impossible to know the right play without a read. Unknown, call down and take notes on him.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:44 AM

The fact that there are two flush draws plus some straight possiblities makes this interesting since villain could be semi-bluff raising. At least in my experience, though, there aren't a lot of opponents who are capable of making that play. What I do run across occasionally are people who play this way with something like 99. The most likely scenario, though, is that villain has exactly what he's representing and I'm way behind a K.

Against some opponents I would call this down anyway while against others I can fold without a second thought. Against an unknown it's probably right to fold but I know I often call it down anyway.

Reraising, which somebody suggested earlier, is terrible. That's only right if villain is exactly on a draw, which is the least likely scenario.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:44 AM

I don't see how this is a call at all. You are pretty much stuck with what you have and have no chance of improving. There are two draws on the board and an over card on top of the fact that this betting pattern looks like slow playing a set. If the K were not on the board then I would say call the raise and check/call the river if it's a blank. Why bother throwing money at what could easily be a dominated hand?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:20 AM

I'd call the turn raise and reevaluate based on the river card. MP3 could have a made hand, or just a pair and some strong draws. Unless the river is a total blank, I'd probably check/call.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just sat down so no reads on anyone. What do you do on the turn (and river if you call the turn)?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero??

[/ QUOTE ]

I muck

EDIT: and as much as I hate this cliche, I don't really think it's that close
Old 07-19-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: QQ check/raised on turn What do you do?(rest of the hand)

[ QUOTE ]
Just sat down so no reads on anyone. What do you do on the turn (and river if you call the turn)?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls

[/ QUOTE ]

River: (9.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qh Qd (one pair, queens).
MP3 has 2h Ah (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins 11.25 BB. </font>

So it turned out to be a semi-bluff raise on the turn. I'd really like to know what you all think of MP3's play since one guy on the table called him an idiot.

Do any of you guys make a bluff raise like this here?