Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 02:12 AM

Default 1/2 on different sites

I have been reading some 2+2 books, and I've got to make a decision on sites. I've got money on PokerRoom (their cheap MTT's have been great) but I want to play limit, and I want to play it right. Also, you can't import their hands into PT or bison's converter. Where should I be playing 1/2? Party? And are there any bonuses at Party I can be hitting?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: 1/2 on different sites

BONUSAPR, 20% up to $100.

Does anyone know if Party still does the igm pay bonus?
Old 04-25-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BONUSAPR, 20% up to $100.

Does anyone know if Party still does the igm pay bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did it a month or two ago.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:32 AM

Do you by any chance know if there's a way to check if I've done the igm pay bonus? I know I've done it for either Party or Empire, but I'm pretty sure I haven't done it for both.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:55 AM

The Party bonus is unbelievably easy to clear (compared with other sites like UltimateBet). Fire up 2 or 3 tables and by the end of your normal session, its done!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:14 AM

first of all you can import pokerroom hands into PT and you can do it automatically. download the newest PT patch - check the PT forums for details.

the 1/2 games at PR are good. the games at paradise and party/empire are slightly better (don't get me wrong - they are both equally beatable - on party skins i have found gametime+ to be very helpful and there is more table variety.) pacific is also extremely soft but i have issues with their site/software/support.

have you done the "cell" bonus on pokerroom?
and there is the apr bonus on party that people are mentioning.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you by any chance know if there's a way to check if I've done the igm pay bonus? I know I've done it for either Party or Empire, but I'm pretty sure I haven't done it for both.

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll show up in your Bonus account details just like any other bonus.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:28 AM

Personally, I find the party 1/2 game to be a real biatch.. I'm at about 10k hands there I'm still down. I do a lot better in the crypto $1/2, and better yet in the crypto £1/2 or $2/4 games. Party $1/2 seems like a buncha tighties who graduated from .5/1, are multitabling to clear bonus. Party $2/4 is better IMO, raked hands clear so slow, seems the bonus whores aren't playing bulk 2/4. Plus, they offer €1/2 and £1/2 games, so you can basically play $1.3/2.6 or $2/4 games at the $1/2 rake structure.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:55 AM

I've played some 1/2 on Pacific and Absolute. At Absolute, it's tighter than a vice clamping down on your nuts, but Pacific is fantastically soft. Like, raising preflop UTG and getting 6 cold callers soft. At times, it felt looser than the 0.50/1 Party tables I was playing at the same time. Unfortunately, their software sucks, and you can only play one table, but there is the ability now to use PT with it, if you get a little add-on program. Also, if you just always play on Party regardless of the level, you're going to be getting games that are softer than your average bear.

Edit: Oh, right. I've played a little at the Crypto's, too. I found them to be only marginally looser than Absolute, but a somewhat more passive, making them a easier to beat.