Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Folded to me in the small blind

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (2 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 5 BB

Villian is loose passive. At what point do I give up on this? Should I have raised pf?
Old 04-21-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Folded to me in the small blind

I either raise or fold this PF.

Edit: If you know he'll call your raise, and he won't raise if you just complete, I don't mind just completing.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:32 AM

Completing was the worst possible action pre-flop. It leaves you with a Jack high drawing hand out of position heads up. Your bets look like they could range anywhere from Qx to nothing and you have to act first each street.

Raising preflop is the best bet here - cost 1 more small bet but increases your chances of taking the pot on each street. In addition, you can give up after villain calls the flop.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:35 AM

Most of the time this is either a fold-or-raise situation preflop. With a LPP in the BB, though, this is a reasonable time to make an exception. The fact that he's loose means he probably isn't folding if you pfr. The fact that he's passive means that he's not going to make any fancy plays at you if you just complete and will pay you off if you hit the flop. So I think completing is reasonable in this case, but note that it's read-dependent.

Flop and turn are both standard semi-bluffs.

River is check-fold.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:38 AM

Please raise PF, it improves your fold equity when you start firing away on the flop (which you should bet almost regardless of what comes). He might also just fold right there which is good too.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:12 PM

You were never getting the pot odds to draw to your str8. This is why raising preflop would have been helpful. As it is, the way that you played it you are going to have to bet the river. Luckily the big scare card dropped on the river so this may be a help. Heads up J9o isn't too bad. Raise this preflop.