Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 09:41 AM

Default KTs flops nut fush draw and 2nd pair

CO is very loose 87% VPIP, 15% PFR

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Correct river call?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: KTs flops nut fush draw and 2nd pair

If your read is reliable then it seems like you are wasting a bet on the river to call. It is difficult not to put him on at least an ace or two pair. Either way, when the 4 pairs on the board and you don't hit your flush, I think you have to give up the pot.

You had odds to call on prior streets to improve your hand, but at no time did you have any reason to think your tens were best.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:52 AM

i'd be really tempted to raise the flop, or call/3-bet it.

you say the guy is loose, but you dont' give any indication on how aggressive he is so we can't really say much on your river call.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:56 AM

Assuming the CO is aggro post flop and would've raised an Ace preflop, I think its OK for one bet in a 10+BB pot closing the action. These assumptions can be dangerous though. How many hands are those stats for? a 15% PFR doesnt really indicate a guy who's raising every ace. I'm torn, but would probably call too and expect to be shown ace rag. I'm calling cause I think 1 outta ten he's got nothing.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:58 AM

Not really that reliable, only about 20 hands if that
Old 03-31-2005, 10:03 AM

I agree. I would raise this flop. There are a lot of outs.

Really like to know villain's post-flop aggression. Will he bet less than 2nd pair all the way? Probably not, so I can't see your hand being good here.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:06 AM

Thought my river call was dodgy, CO had AT so none of my non flush outs were good.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thought my river call was dodgy, CO had AT so none of my non flush outs were good.

[/ QUOTE ]

That happens. But I would have adjusted AT higher up my probability chart when he 3 bets the flop. In general for me, nut flush + 1 OC + MPTK is a hand I am pushing pretty aggressively.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:14 AM

ok......heres what i do. when the person to your immediate right bets, you just called with your monster draw because you gained more by going for overcalls. when CO raises i use that as an opportunity to 3-bet while i have so much equity. i dont like raising the flop and shutting out the field, but when it comes back to you raised its the perfect time to 3-bet for value. turn is good. river, i probably curse out loud and fold.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok......heres what i do. when the person to your immediate right bets, you just called with your monster draw because you gained more by going for overcalls. when CO raises i use that as an opportunity to 3-bet while i have so much equity. i dont like raising the flop and shutting out the field, but when it comes back to you raised its the perfect time to 3-bet for value. turn is good. river, i probably curse out loud and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]