Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Badly Played Hand? You be the Judge

CO and SB are both loose passive players. I've seen both of them call down with any part of the flop.

Anyone do anything differently on the turn and river?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB
Old 02-18-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Badly Played Hand? You be the Judge

You're getting 9:1 on the river, I don't see being able to let this go :\
Old 02-18-2005, 02:37 AM

The river call is definitely the closest part of the hand. It's close, but at .5/1 I am calling this just for the maniac/idiot factor getting about 9-1. It's very close though. At 2/4 this would be a river fold for me for sure.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:41 AM

Fold the river. ESPECIALLY because the villians are passive. Is passive CO really going raise all over the place without a very good hand? Is passive SB really going to raise the river without the goods when there is four to a straight on the board?
Old 02-18-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CO and SB are both loose passive players. I've seen both of them call down with any part of the flop.

Anyone do anything differently on the turn and river?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...I think I drop this for 2 cold on the river vs. non-LAG opponents.

Try rivering a T next time and save yourself the tough decision.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:35 AM

Check the turn and fold the river. Loose passives are easy to beat, respect their raises and get their money when they call, call, call.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-18-2005, 08:53 AM

This hand is a great example of having decent reads and stats on your opponents. The second SB c/raises the river, you know you are beat.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:06 AM

Sure, fold isn't a bad option, but SB may simply hit trips with a 3, going wild. I would call the river.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, fold isn't a bad option, but SB may simply hit trips with a 3, going wild. I would call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the opposite of "monsters under the bed" syndrome, perhaps "fairies and spice under the bed" syndrome? I doubt SB is sticking around with a tiny pair given the action so far, so it is far more likely that you are shown a jack here and lose the hand. SSH advocates calling liberally on the river, but only for one bet. Cold calling SB's check/raise is a bad move; a set of queens is not good 10% of the time here.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:02 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone. As most of you guessed CO showed JTo, and SB showed J9o to split the pot with a straight.

In hindsight I think checking the turn would have been a much better move against two players.

Folding the river was a close decision. In the end I ended up calling because I could see CO playing KQo and SB with Q3 making the raises that they did here.