Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-29-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Legal Pads

Anyone have any insight into why the paper on legal pads is connected on top instead of the side? I only ask because I am looking for a leather portfolio to hold a regular notepad but they only fit legal pads.

Am I the only one who thinks notepads are much more useful then legal pads? Does anyone know where I can find a leather portfolio to hold regular notepads?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Legal Pads

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know where I can find a leather portfolio to hold regular notepads?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say notepad do you mean notebook, i.e. sheets of paper bound (spiral, etc.) with a cardboard cover/back.

If so, how would you like the portfolio to hold the notebook, by inserting the back into slot similar to how you would slide the back of a legal pad into a slot, but from the side not the top?

If this is what you want, I would suggest a leather 3-ring binder (with zipper?) and use the rings to hold in the notebook.

And far as the usefulness of a notebook(pad) vs. a legal pad...it depends on the size you want and I would say if you want to keep the paper in the book, a notebook is good. If you want to be able to remove the paper easily for storage/use elsewhere a pad is better and I can't believe I put this much though into this post.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:11 AM

Wow, you did put an immense amount of detail into that reply, thanks though. I do mean a notebook by the way. The only problem is the 3-ring binders are to bulky. I hoped to be able to slide the cardboard of the notebook into the portfolio. I think I am just to picky and will end up settling for a binder.

Come to think of it, I can't believe I put this much thought into a notebook.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks notepads are much more useful then legal pads? Does anyone know where I can find a leather portfolio to hold regular notepads?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that notebooks are more useful. However, I hate writing in notebooks. The spiral gets in the way if you're left handed.