Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-25-2005, 12:38 AM

Default River decision

As you can see it was a great table. Very loose passive.

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero raises, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (18.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero ???
Old 12-25-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: River decision

I hate these kinda hands...

Everytime I check these through, villian(s) have hands that are willing to pay me off with like QT or J9, however, when I bet they always show K2 or some [censored].

A shittier King probably wont c/r you, but a bunch of garbage hands will be more than willing to pay you off w/ a pur of J's...Bet it.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:48 AM

It's pretty close between bet/fold and check. I think I check though.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:56 AM

you can see 7 cards. you can't see 45 cards. within those 45 cards there are 2 remaining kings. there are 5 players with you on the river - 10 of the 45 unseen cards are in their hands.

the probability that you deal 10 of those 45 cards without one of those 2 kings showing up is

(43!/33!)/(45!/35!) = 60%

i don't know what this means other than if they had random hands, 40% of the time someone would have a king.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:00 AM

I would check and call if it's one bet back to me.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:14 AM

Pot is really big on river.

I wonder if we should be betting it since crying calls will be made by lots of villians. We just need to have a plan for how to deal with a raise. The pot is big enough that I would probably call a raise (as long as it was only one more back to me) should one come.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot is really big on river.

I wonder if we should be betting it since crying calls will be made by lots of villians. We just need to have a plan for how to deal with a raise. The pot is big enough that I would probably call a raise (as long as it was only one more back to me) should one come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think we have any resonable chance of beating a hand that Cr's the river?

My thinking is I really wanted to show this down. I did not want to have to fold to some donk making a play.

I checked it through and it checked around.

Results below:
BB shows [ Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
UTG+2 mucks cards
MP1 shows [ 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
MP2 shows [ Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Hero shows [ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Button mucks cards

MHIG
Old 12-26-2005, 02:32 AM

If the table is that passive, what makes you think a checkraise is likely after everyone played it so sacklessly?

If by some gift from the balls fairy they did checkraise, you can probably dump it. So most of the time you'll earn six bets or damn close, and a few times it costs you one extra BB. Bet that sucker.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:41 AM

I often pussy out here and check but this should be a bet. They all checked, there are 4 million worse hands that can call, and they're not check/raise bluffing you here since they assume you have a king here.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:05 AM

id bet this one.