Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-10-2005, 04:42 AM

Default 2/4L Scared Aces in big pot

CO is a LAG (forgot stats, but i'd guess around 25pfr.), no reads on UTG+2, but I haven't seen anything too out of line from him yet.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

Line? I thought I played this pretty passively.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: 2/4L Scared Aces in big pot

I'd cap the flop and bet/call the turn, check/calling the river. Especially given your read on CO, you're ahead a helluva lot here (although UTG+2 might have picked up 2 pair at some point).
Old 12-10-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd cap the flop and bet/call the turn, check/calling the river. Especially given your read on CO, you're ahead a helluva lot here (although UTG+2 might have picked up 2 pair at some point).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was concerned about UTG+2 with a likely two pair here. Looking back at the hand on PT after my session, I reasoned I should've taken the same line you just mentioned.

But do I really want to bet the turn into a guy that could clear out UTG+2? I can see arguments either way for this...
Old 12-10-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But do I really want to bet the turn into a guy that could clear out UTG+2? I can see arguments either way for this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, if UTG+2 has two pair or a J or even a bare ace that could chop with you if a jack hits on the river. The pot is already huge at that point (would've been even bigger had you capped the flop), so all you should be concerned about now is doing what it takes to win it.

However, the K coming on the turn makes it likely enough that someone has at least 2 pair that I go into calldown mode if I'm raised there, even by the LAG.