Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-21-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: 5/10 deep, river decision

He held K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and MHINFG.

I've been grappling with this one since (and my thoughts ran the same while the hand occurred). What are your thoughts on this:

checkraising for more value: Let's say my opponent holds J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] then if I check he MUST bet. I then raise to $1000 whereby he'll (should) just call. This line gets me more value than say just betting $600 and him calling. I've just made $400 more than I would if I bet the river. But I run the risk of 'committing myself' against the nuts if he pushes. Is this risk too big for the reward of getting an extra large bet out of a lower flush?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:10 PM

flush vs flush is the most expensive situation in holdem, no, you're not getting away, thats the nature of the game.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:17 PM

There's an optimal line here though being almost certian my opponent also has a flush. If my hand is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I am check/calling the river. Being that I have 2nd nuts should I be betting and calling a raise or check/raising to get my entire stack in?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're not getting away

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. People tend to call big bets at the end with baby flushes so after being raised you can safely (almost) fold. I like Flawless line of betting 650 and folding to a raise.

Best wishes
Old 11-21-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're not getting away

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. People tend to call big bets at the end with baby flushes so after being raised you can safely (almost) fold. I like Flawless line of betting 650 and folding to a raise.

Best wishes

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean with 2nd nuts, I agreem I would bet/fold with a small flush. (I dont like check/callling here at all...(