Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: 2/4 KK

I think one possibility is playing this like a straight up gutshot draw. The flop is a free card raise. Take the free card on the turn maybe?? I don't know.

If you think you are behind, you got enough to at least call to draw to a gutshot. You could raise to get rid of any other kings, and maybe take a free card. I think this option is at least better than folding.

Now are we ahead enough to bet the turn? I'd say no, but I'm no expert.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:01 PM

I like the flop raise. I'm tempted to take the free card on the turn though. The 8 is a potential killer for us and the dude with Ax is staying with us no matter what.

As a wimp, I check behind on the river and call one bet there too since I may have induced a bluff.

Fishlips
Old 10-05-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think one possibility is playing this like a straight up gutshot draw. The flop is a free card raise. Take the free card on the turn maybe?? I don't know.

If you think you are behind, you got enough to at least call to draw to a gutshot. You could raise to get rid of any other kings, and maybe take a free card. I think this option is at least better than folding.

Now are we ahead enough to bet the turn? I'd say no, but I'm no expert.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that the hero's chances of being ahead are quite dismal on the turn, but in this large pot he only needs to be ahead here a small percentage of the time to make betting correct, and plus you never know, maybe someone will make a horrible fold with their ace bad kicker. I know this possibility is remote but no one can make a bad fold if the hero doesnt bet. So between the small possibility the hero is in the lead and the small possibility the hero can force a better hand to fold, I think betting the turn is better than checking, but I admit this is a razor thin decision and I would never think checking is a bad play here by any means.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:25 PM

Gonna have to fold the flop here and with your line on the flop im not putting any more money in the potw when sb cold calls the flop. I dont think we can give even give you a pure 3 outs because you could be drawing to a split to hands like kq or kj. Your raise might get ax to slow down but hes not folding so id check the turn and probably have to evaluate the river when it comes.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:47 PM

I don't like the flop raise. It's a 6 player pot and you surely will have an ace against you somewhere. Given that you raise the flop, you have to take the free card on the turn against two players.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:58 PM

Maybe a flop raise is the best move in this big pot, but I still think we need to take the free card against two opponents.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:15 PM

Pretty much how it's done.