Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-13-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Pokertracker use at 1/2 and 2/4

Does anyone have an estimate of what percentage of players are using pokertracker and its addons at these levels?

I have resisted getting pokertracker, mostly out of laziness, for a long time. Also, thinking that only a few regulars at those levels were using it.

I am now convinced that I am losing money not using this program and am getting it immediately. But, out of curiousity, I would like to know just how many are using it at these levels.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker use at 1/2 and 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have an estimate of what percentage of players are using pokertracker and its addons at these levels?

I have resisted getting pokertracker, mostly out of laziness, for a long time. Also, thinking that only a few regulars at those levels were using it.

I am now convinced that I am losing money not using this program and am getting it immediately. But, out of curiousity, I would like to know just how many are using it at these levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker makes good poker playing easier. I think only the type of player that wants to improve his game and have a bit of an edge over their opponent uses it.

It's funny because you say you haven't gotten it out of laziness, and one of the complaints against it is that it promotes laziness.

And it does.

I let PokerTracker do about 75% of my player reads with the stats. I do make notes on what I consider non-standard plays, or advanced plays I notice players make, but most of the time I'm making decisions based upon the player's stats, so that I can multi-task and do other things while playing, or play multiple tables.

That said, you do have to be careful of relying on it too much, especially when you don't have very many hands on the opponent.

I also use it to archive all my games and stats, and to review my play. That's very nice to have all at my fingertips when I have spare moments.

KO
Old 09-13-2005, 02:31 PM

my estimate: approximately "some" players are using it

oh, and stop not using it.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:24 PM

13.3%-19.76%
Old 09-13-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
13.3%-19.77%

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

edit: Seriously, I've often wondered this too and I really have no idea.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:35 PM

Just get it, and get Poker Ace HUD (free) as well. You'll be amazed at how much you've been missing. Especially don't forget to enable the option on PokerAce to view all mucked cards at showdowns.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:56 PM

I have pokertracker now and in the process of gametime. Will check into pokerace as well. Figured after I posted this that it would be hard to have a decent estimate. Wondering if anyone had any access to numbers somehow. Oh well, thanks for the replies.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

oh, and stop not using it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-14-2005, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
13.3%-19.76%

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a lot higher than that. I used PokerEdge before it was banned and it was rare to encounter a table without at least one and often two or more others using it.
And PT has a lot more users than PE had (although probably all PE users multitable, so some may be counted double).
Old 09-14-2005, 07:15 AM

Probably depends on the site. I am convinced that at least 20% at PokerStars use it at those levels. Probably much less on Party.