Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 06-24-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: I play like Gus Hansen, how come I never win?

[ QUOTE ]
No sense of humor [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Actually I thought this fits quite well to a beginners forum, because what should a beginner think of all the advice given to him when he can watch a guy on TV who violates every single rule and gets away with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a repeat of the wpt bad boys of poker. Gus Called a big all in with Ten High. WOAH. if he lost it really would have hurt his stack. It was an unreal call AND he WON!!!

Gus seems to have a lucky angel on his shoulder. most of the rest of us dont [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 04:53 AM

I actually would call myself a begginer. I was fooled untill about the fourth sentence. I actually know who Gus Hansen is and I am familiar with style of play. I have often wondered the same thing as you have. But I think you have to remember at a short handed tabel I.E. six playeres like they show on WPT rules go out the window. Also you have to remember those guys who make the final table have been through grueling hours of bullshit. If you ever saw Gus Hansen at table one of a WPT event I'm sure he would be as tight as your mothers ass.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:25 PM

Gus Hansen is a Bot, Live poker is rigged.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
come play with me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...yes...me too. I'll bring the chips and dip. Someone else must provide drinks. I think that post is the funniest I've ever read.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:21 AM

This is a joke post, rigth?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2005, 08:31 AM

He didnt violate any rules. I watched foxwoods too. The 73 hand he won with was in BB heads-up. Everyone would play that hand. He fired a bluff with 6-2off that didnt work, mostly cause Hoyt (Think it was Hoyt) caugth trips. Otherwise he migth have folded his queens. He won another all-in against a guys straigth. Gus had TP, good kicker and a straigth draw. Yes he was lucky, but everyone would have called that. yes he played many hands, but there wasnt anything close to "Violate every rule". Dont forget that he has the ability to lay a hand down, so he can afford to play a few more hands than the average player.