Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 06:42 PM

Default First MTT WIN!

I've been playing poker seriously for over a year now. MTTs are not my specialty, but they are fun as hell to play every now and then. I have never won a MTT with a large field, but I have always wanted to. So I get home at 2 AM last night and look for one to join. I end up joining the 3:15 $11 MTT on PokerStars with 530 other people. Four and a half hours later I was the only person left and I took home the $1327 first place payout. What a rush.

I was in the top ten for the large majority of the tournament. When we got to the final table, I was in 5th place, but still had about 25xBB. Within ten hands, however, I had tripled my stack size and was the big chip leader. Through a lot of blind stealing and the bad play of my competition, I was able to amass over 2/3 of the chips in play with 6 players left. From there, it seemed like I coasted to the win just by playing aggressively. I can now say that I have won a large-field multi-table tournament. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks for all the help 2+2.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:52 PM

Default Re: First MTT WIN!

Congrats! 'Tis a great feeling.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:56 PM

2+2'ers are on fire this is like the 3rd post like this in 3 days hopefully I can win a huge tourney and post... lol. Seriously congrats man it feels great when you win your first tourney I still remmeber mine even though it was only like a $280 cash I played almost perfectly and caught some cards but really made the most of them. Im sure you played well and deserve alot of credit.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:06 PM

Awesome! Big props man, keep up the good work!!!

Swede
Old 12-09-2004, 08:09 PM

strap on your seat belt, cause more are now to come!
damnRiver
Old 12-09-2004, 08:19 PM

Aggressively coasting to a win? Hmmm...interesting way to put it. Congrats though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 08:29 PM

Great job! I know the feeling man, my first big victory was 3-4 weeks ago in the Empire 50. Couple that with a 3rd in this week's Super Tuesday and I feel like I'm on top of the world!

Keep up the good work, and here's a shout-out to this forum and all of its posters! This board can definitely take you further, faster in this game than any other resource I've seen so far.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:13 PM

I guess that does sound a little weird. What I meant by that was that I was rarely played back at and I was able to pick up many, many pots without much trouble.

I'm glad to hear that 2+2 MTT players have been doing well lately. Let's hope it continues.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:46 PM

Congrats friend. That 11 dollar tourney at 3:15 has a lot of regulars, it's probably my favorite tournament. Every time I play in it (All of 3 times, but still....) some guy says he's tired and seriously just gives away his chips. Gotta love free money like that. I've placed once in it and got a horrid beat on another, never reached any final table though in my life. So props to you. To win over 1k by 11 dollars is NICE. I'd like to see that some day....

Although last night I did have a dream that me, my friend, and my grandma split the top 3 prizes in a PS MTT.....

Brad
Old 12-09-2004, 11:51 PM

I've yet to win an MTT [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]