Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: hand v xorbie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check fold. Two overcards flopped that is just a crap flop for jacks. Sometimes I take a shot at it on the flop, most of the time wait for a better spot. This is double true against someone I know is a good player and I am OOP.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

dude, weak...

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right, seems to be a trend lately
Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check fold. Two overcards flopped that is just a crap flop for jacks. Sometimes I take a shot at it on the flop, most of the time wait for a better spot. This is double true against someone I know is a good player and I am OOP.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

dude, weak...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to call this weak that is fine. Just dont use the "strong poker" excuse to keep going if you get called. Jacks is a nice hand, this is a horrible flop though.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to call this weak that is fine. Just dont use the "strong poker" excuse to keep going if you get called. Jacks is a nice hand, this is a horrible flop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

the continuation bet isn't about what you actually hold...it's about what you think your opponent has and representing something that beats them. checking here will allow an aggressive player like xorbie to take it away from you with pocket 2's.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

dude, weak...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a lot of hands to fold with a bet. Think about it.

-kyo
Old 10-25-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

dude, weak...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a lot of hands to fold with a bet. Think about it.

-kyo

[/ QUOTE ]
Normally I agree with this. Against Xorbie, though, I think you really have to think about your lines here. What is Hero's hand range for re-raising OOP? If he knows you're tight, he might give you AA-JJ as a hand range. In which case, you're very likely going to face a raise on this flop or a call to take away on turn. You would from me.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally I agree with this. Against Xorbie, though, I think you really have to think about your lines here. What is Hero's hand range for re-raising OOP? If he knows you're tight, he might give you AA-JJ as a hand range. In which case, you're very likely going to face a raise on this flop or a call to take away on turn. You would from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would try to take this away with a delayed bluff or something when half the time (based on the range you gave) you'll be looking at a big set?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:01 PM

It's not half the time. It's less.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 PM

I use the continuation bet a little less than most but I do use it and like it. If I have a PP and 1 overcard comes I will use it. When 2 overcards come I usually slow down if I am out of position and against a tricky, good player. In the past I have thought I was not missing out on too much money by doing this... might re-evaluate if everyone on the forum this this is bad.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you would try to take this away with a delayed bluff or something when half the time (based on the range you gave) you'll be looking at a big set?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get that either. TWP, are you saying that if you had a AA or QQ here you would often check, so when 2Paul2 bets here you assume he does not have a set, thus can take it away later?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:13 PM

FWIW my calling standards here are probably most everything I raised with that is suited and connected or paired, and I will not be auto betting this flop if checked to.