Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: If you could ask one question at the President\'s news conference...

I would ask: Mr. President, will you please ask the American people to repeal the 22nd amendment so you may continue to wage war on terror for generations to come?
Old 04-13-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: If you could ask one question at the President\'s news conference...

If I weren't feeling too provocative I would ask: How is tax and spend worse than the don't tax and spend that you're doing?

If I were feeling a little feisty I would ask: How can you claim to be a compassionate conservative when it's quite clear you are neither? (he sure as hell is not fiscally conservative and is clearly not compassionate in the slightest)

If I'm in a super feisty mood here is my question:
If you think abortion is murder then why isn't this issue more important than national security since there are approximately 1,370,000 murders committed by doctors using your definition each year? (note: I'm pro-choice I just don't see how prolife politicians can possibly think there is a more important issue, obviously they can't talk about it like that because most Americans are pro-choice at least in the first trimester)

At the end of the day there is almost literally nothing Bush can say to get my vote. If he passed a tax that said that anybody that doesn't have the initials jdl would have to pay 1000 and this money would be collected and distributed evenly to people with these initials then I would think about voting for him. There are also very few constitutionally qualified candidates who if they were running against him wouldn't get my vote. Most of these are in his cabinet, on fox news, or on talk radio.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:56 PM

Mr. President,

What was plan B?
Old 04-13-2004, 07:45 PM

Default One question

-- What is the amount of spending for the war in Iraq above which you are not prepared to go?

(Let me repeat the question, Mr President...)
Old 04-13-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: One question

Well, if you saw the news conference, you know the answer: "Stay the course."
Old 04-13-2004, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Does Laura Swallow?

Old 04-14-2004, 12:50 AM

His actions in Iraq and Afghanistan have, certainly.

His actions on the domestic front...i.e. his inability to refuse any spending plan that crosses his desk, his inability to stay strong on free trade (remember the steel tariffs?), his inability to keep this country from plunging into a massive debt...in general a complete disregard for fiscal responsibility...

these things have NOT helped.

I'm still voting for Bush though. Kerry wouldn't do any better in regard to sound economic policy.

Will
Old 04-14-2004, 01:30 AM

Default Will we aid democratic Iraq unconditionally or must it vote our way?nm

Old 04-14-2004, 01:30 AM

His actions in office thus far may already have assured that we will indeed be waging war on terror for generations to come.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:31 AM

"His actions in Iraq and Afghanistan have, certainly."

Have certainly what?