Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 02:00 PM

Default ALL MICRO LIMIT POSTERS PLEASE READ!

[rant]

I am tired of starting my responses to posts with
[ QUOTE ]
reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

just a friendly little reminder that in these marginal situations that you present to us, the very strong, influencial factor that usually indicates a correct, +EV decision is....

reads

tell us any read you have, particularly loose/tight, aggressive/passive, or maybe an example of how they acted in certain situations.

[/rant]
Old 07-09-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: ALL MICRO LIMIT POSTERS PLEASE READ!

I agree

and I'm sick of the endless supply of NC posts
Old 07-09-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think this board has quite a bit of content. The other forum I frequent is single-table tourneys and that forum is filled with NC stuff.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree

[/ QUOTE ]

its been really bad the past two weeks. i'm taking a break from micro until it settles.

also, stat posts are running rampant again.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:40 PM

I also agree. However, if a poster is confused about a hand in which he or she has no read, don't be afraid to post that that's the case. People do have to make decisions during their first 30 hands at the table, and sometimes they're toughies. What is really the problem is when someone just cuts and pastes from the hand converter with no question, no reads, no thought processes, and no other text. In general, the more effort you put into your post, the more people will put effort into a making a good response.

As for the bounty of NC posts, maybe I'll make a designated thread to concentrate all the NC stuff into one. We had one of those a while ago, but it got lost like everything else. It won't last forever, but it'll be a decent temporary solution.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:07 PM

I agree, sort of...
I mean, if you're serious about this game all you have to do is notice how newbs never have any reads and people like Enity & Nate tha' Great always have thorough breakdowns of their opponents - that ought to tell you something.
However, in terms of analyzing posts, I don't think there's anything detrimental in making people think about what the best line is to take against an unknown 1/2 villian - because the situations come up all the time where nobody stays at a table for more than 30 minutes.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:23 PM

Don't you agree that it is also nice to know how to play something against a typical/unknown opponent. At the lower limits there is a constantly new people coming in to your table, not to mention you're constantly switching tables to find the best one. There are many times where playing the hand like you would against a typical opponent is better than using a read that could be off-base due to small sample size.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you agree that it is also nice to know how to play something against a typical/unknown opponent. At the lower limits there is a constantly new people coming in to your table, not to mention you're constantly switching tables to find the best one. There are many times where playing the hand like you would against a typical opponent is better than using a read that could be off-base due to small sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, a point that i didn't bring up, but wanted to

Sorry for the overall vague rant, its just that i'm tired of these posts that just have a hand and that's it. If villian is unknown, then they should tell us.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the overall vague rant, its just that i'm tired of these posts that just have a hand and that's it. If villian is unknown, then they should tell us.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about posting your thought process, attempt to put a typical opponent on a hand range, etc .. trying harder than just copy/paste from the converter
Old 07-09-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how about posting your thought process, attempt to put a typical opponent on a hand range, etc .. trying harder than just copy/paste from the converter

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all for it.