Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: How Do You Feel When Drunk?

[ QUOTE ]
Usually very happy / sociable. I definitely feel myself loosening up and being more "daring" with regards to approaching girls and whatnot.

Occasionally I'll be sad. I've had a couple of spouts as violent, but those happen very infrequently, and nothing serious has resulted from it.

It just depends on how things are going at the time I think. Drinking alone is definitely more likely to get you sad / regretful.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get violent is that a part of your personality that doesn't normally show itself in your life? I think it must be right, it doesn't make sense to me that alcohol would make you act in these weird random ways that are not a part of yourself.

"I don't fear the police."

Haha, good answer. BTW my same question goes for you.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

When you get violent is that a part of your personality that doesn't normally show itself in your life? I think it must be right, it doesn't make sense to me that alcohol would make you act in these weird random ways that are not a part of yourself.

"I don't fear the police."

Haha, good answer. BTW my same question goes for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for Dave G but never underestimate the dichotomy of man. I don't know how much you have been exposed to drugs or alcohol bruiser, but eventually these things bring out the dichotomy in everyone. Sometimes it's buried very deeply but it's always there. Ying Yang isn't a non-practical philosophy.

What ever can shock you is in yourself as well as everywhere else. The real question is what are the conditions that evoke what is buried.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:55 AM

i get happy and friendly. i do not understand how anyone can be anything different.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:56 AM

Happier and more relaxed, and often more sociable.

Strangely enough, even though it's a depressant, it almost always picks me up, sometimes enormously. I think because it relaxes my tensions so much, both the ones I carry around unnoticed in my body all day and the ones that are more just part of my worrying, sometimes obsessive nature. The bring down of a depressant is more than compensated for by how much more energy relaxing actually frees up and gives me. Sometimes I've come home exhausted(I'm a bad insomniac and often feel exhausted during the weekdays), the only thing I could do to not fall asleep is actually drink a beer or two.

Sometimes if I'm really deep down exhausted, though, then a drink can make me feel even more exhausted really quickly.

I don't drink very much at all anymore these days, because I can't wake up feeling like I never drank at all anymore, like I could when I was really young. It's not worth it to do except occasionally.

I've never been an angry drunk or a morose drunk, or one of those too-squishy emotional drunks either. I get upbeat and usually a little mellower about stuff that bugs me, and energetic too.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i get happy and friendly. i do not understand how anyone can be anything different.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't make me punch you in the twat.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:59 AM

What exaclty do you mean by "ying yang isn't a non-practical philosophy". I have no experience with drugs, and some with alcohol though compared to most little. I'm content to drink a little, don't think I've ever been "hammered".
Old 09-25-2005, 04:01 AM

It's not really a case of "when", it's happened like twice in my life. Both at very low points when I was just depressed to all hell and had a lot of emotional stability issues. The first time it happened actually helped me to take a look at myself and get my head screwed on properly. The second time was just another crappy point. Both were caused by girls screwing with me emotionally.

That's been a long while now though. I'm a very happy person now and have gotten over all that crap. Consequently, I haven't been like that for a long time.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:02 AM

overly honest
Old 09-25-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What exaclty do you mean by "ying yang isn't a non-practical philosophy". I have no experience with drugs, and some with alcohol though compared to most little. I'm content to drink a little, don't think I've ever been "hammered".

[/ QUOTE ]

What I mean is that all the extremes of human emotion exist in everyone. Many people only have these emotions buried deep within their subconscious. They are, however, there and having an impact whether people know it or not. Drug and alcohol intoxication can bring these emotions to the surface. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing. It's relative to how one reacts to it.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:11 AM

tonight i was an angry drunk which never goes over well. i just end up pissing girls off and making guys laugh, which is definitely not what you want to do.

normally i'm pretty much the same person as usual except i find a lot more things to be funny.

edited to say that that was meant as a response to OP.